Too early for xmas trees ?

I remember last xmas eve, i went shopping late and the staff were putting out Easter eggs, :) :)

This is a worrying trend. Tesco near us were doing the Bonfire Night on Halloween, and on Saturday 5th November, were doing the Xmas decorations (the tree had already gone up the week before).

It's a constant cycle of holidays with no rest in between.

If my late mother had got her way, in our house, the decorations wouldn't have gone up till Xmas eve, and she's have had them down boxing day!

Not celebrating Xmas any more, I have to confess that I do miss the sight of the pretty lights on my tree, all lit up, with the ordinary lights turned right down...

I love shiny things too .. and this time the shiny things on the tree are going to be multi coloured ! 26 yers I have been married and for all that time I have insisted on old, traditional multi coloured lights, till last year, my OH persuaded me to get clear ones .. it damn near spoilt our Christmas I tell thee. Even our daughters were disappointed, and they are generally just interested int he things UNDER the tree.

So this year we went out and bought 400 multi colour LED lights .. so we will SHINE!

The man down the road (lived here since 1996 and still don't know his name), always covers his house in lights .. and puts things in his garden. Holds a charity night where Santa comes and Mums, Dads and kiddies can come and join in the fun whilst he collects money for local charity. He's started putting his lights up, so anyone around here can officially put theirs up!

The tree near the Whitworth Hotel is up and possibly lit .. I don't know, it was day time when I drove past yesterday, but I presume it's lit.

Ours will be going up as soon as the December word hits the calendar because, as soon as Christmas is over, I want it down and out of the way.

Archived