Jail for mosque assaults teacher

I watched it too, and thought just the same! Back in the 80's teachers used to throw stuff at you, crack you with a meter rule, shoe, board rubber - most things that came to hand! Ah - never did me any harm! 60 years old, and having 10 weeks inside for being old school... He'll never pass a CRB check again neither, but religious institutions rarely push for their helpers to be CRB'd, even when they'd be working almost exclusively with kids...

10 Weeks? if he was a teacher in a public school he would have got 6 years Britain soft touch again.

He wasn't a teacher though - the role he was performing was like a sunday school teacher - just going through scripture with kids... But he was a heavy handed old bugger, and when he was a younger man it would have been perfectly fine to wallop kids like this... Just 25/30 years ago it was perfectly fine to do this in a school!

i went to mosque, i got walloped a few times, mostly because i behaved bad etc, never did me any harm, didn't do anyone any harm when it was allowed 30 odd years ago. There is a limit, giving a kid a clap round the ear is not the same as taking a baseball bat to them, the reason so many kids are failing in school is because of lack of dicipline.

i went to mosque, i got walloped a few times, mostly because i behaved bad etc, never did me any harm, didn't do anyone any harm when it was allowed 30 odd years ago. There is a limit, giving a kid a clap round the ear is not the same as taking a baseball bat to them, the reason so many kids are failing in school is because of lack of dicipline.

Don't be confusing mosque time with school time. Religious education is catered for in the school curriculum. What this guy was doing was beating religion into kids.

Whether it's "Battle of Hastings, 1066" or a verse from the Qur'an, only an idiot would think that a beating would cause an item to be "learnt".

What this plonker did in that madrassa was totally out of order. He should have got a proper sentence for what he did, not a measly 10 weeks.

Whether it's "Battle of Hastings, 1066" or a verse from the Qur'an, only an idiot would think that a beating would cause an item to be "learnt".

What this plonker did in that madrassa was totally out of order. He should have got a proper sentence for what he did, not a measly 10 weeks.

He probably would have got longer had he been a younger man - although 60 isn't old, he did appear to be a frail old man in the photos of him at court, of course that could have been a ploy? Will the mosque let him teach 'sunday school' classes again? Probably - few religious groups CRB check helpers...

Archived