Jail for mosque assaults teacher

Don't be confusing mosque time with school time. Religious education is catered for in the school curriculum. What this guy was doing was beating religion into kids.

No he wasn't, anyone knows that you can't beat religion into someone just as much you can't beat science into someone. He was doing what teachers in this school were allowed to do years ago and that was discipline badly behaved kids.

Mosque time or school time, doesn't make a difference, point i was making was about discipline. We seem to have a lack of it in our schools.

Mosque time or school time, doesn't make a difference, point i was making was about discipline. We seem to have a lack of it in our schools.

Absolute hocum in my opinion. One is state sponsored and judged by the appropriate authorities and one as nut farm. Mahoosive difference!

Absolute hocum in my opinion. One is state sponsored and judged by the appropriate authorities and one as nut farm. Mahoosive difference!

There are huge differences between the two, but none that are relevant in the context of this discussion. It doesn't matter whether you're trying to teach history, religion or anything else, beating it into children is not only illegal but it doesn't work.

We don't have a problem with discipline in schools? :loopy: What your opinion of religious schools or any school is neither here nor there, problem is discipline. It worked years ago, it would work now. Instead we've got kids disrupting classes with the teachers unable to do anything.

There are huge differences between the two, but none that are relevant in the context of this discussion. It doesn't matter whether you're trying to teach history, religion or anything else, beating it into children is not only illegal but it doesn't work.

No one is saying any subject should be beaten into a child, the issue is discipline.

We don't have a problem with discipline in schools? :loopy: What your opinion of religious schools or any school is neither here nor there, problem is discipline. It worked years ago, it would work now. Instead we've got kids disrupting classes with the teachers unable to do anything.

The guy was motivated by teaching religion. If children find religion to be the ridiculous thing it is then they should not be beaten if they find the teachings (which are outside of the national curriculum) not worth learning. This guy disagreed..... With violence.

The guy was motivated by teaching religion. If children find religion to be the ridiculous thing it is then they should not be beaten if they find the teachings (which are outside of the national curriculum) not worth learning. This guy disagreed..... With violence.

Kids are taught maths, they might find that ridiculous, should they then walk out or carry on behaving how they see fit? They are there to learn, same as in schools, too many classes are distrupted by kids who know full well that the worst they can expect is a 15 minute detention. Yes that will teach them :loopy: bring back the cane and bring some order in our schools..in some schools they have to have a police officer present o.O

Archived