What were you doing when j f kennedy was assassinated

derfblade

i was sat watching bonanza when it suddenly went to a news bulletin that jfk had been shot. can you remember what you were doing and how you heard?
Me too. The exact wording of the newsflash was "President Kennedy has been shot and injured in Dallas, Texas". Then the TV schedule was abandoned as successive updates came from Dallas, until they announced that the president was dead. For much of the time as we waited for news there was no broadcasting as such - they just showed the

More appropriate than BBC TV.

They made an announcement,then carried on with normal programmes-Harry Worth!

my parents loved Harry worth, but i don't think they would have wanted to watch a comedy that night.when i got home it was as if they were in mourning.

they idolised kennedy as many people did,but then that was before the bad stuff came out as it did some years later.

I was with friends at a youth club/dance at the old Wharncliffe Side School (now demolished) when someone came him and told us that President Kennedy had been assassinated.

I can't forget either that when his brother Bobby was assassinated I was in Innsbruck, Austria, on holiday.

Archived