Could prisoner work plans take jobs from unemployed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

people have a right within certain limits to employ who they choose, I certainly would not employ a released pedophile in a toddlers nursery.

:huh:Why would anyone?

Exactly, you'd hardly employ a recently released arsonist as a petrol pump attendant, bit like letting kids loose in a toy factory.

Exactly, you'd hardly employ a recently released arsonist as a petrol pump attendant, bit like letting kids loose in a toy factory.

I'm just wondering why you would state the obvious which you have stated 3 times as though it wasn't obvious.

To give you something more to whine about.

I'm not whining, just pointing out your stupid remarks. Just curious why you make them consistently is all, as I never thought anyone could be so dim.

No prob though, carry on with the "On the Buses" entertainment.

Bassman, even a peado or arsonist know's that they have no chance of gaining employment in a nursery or a petrol station.

I know people who have joyriding,assault/ criminal damage offences and as soon as they mention they have a record the mood changes and some employers are up front and say it will prevent you getting a job and some just go through the motions knowing they are never going to employ them.

Bassman, even a peado or arsonist know's that they have no chance of gaining employment in a nursery or a petrol station.

I know people who have joyriding,assault/ criminal damage offences and as soon as they mention they have a record the mood changes and some employers are up front and say it will prevent you getting a job and some just go through the motions knowing they are never going to employ them.

Yes we all knew that, but bassy added a few extras on just in case it wasn't getting through to all us thickies. He's kind like that.

You have just stated the reason why most ex offenders re offend, it's because of people who hold views like this that even when someone who has commited a crime want's to go straight there are people with veiws like yourself that won't employ them.

Well, they should have thought about that before commiting their first crime. You reap what you sow.

Some are already employed doing call centre work, I wonder how long the public would use the service if they now they could be talking to a rapist, child molester or murderer. Maybe that why call centres are using them, after all they don’t actually want anyone to call them.

Exactly. And do their non con colleagues know who they're working with I wonder? What happens if a rapist offers to give you a lift hope and unsuspectedly you go with them, and get attacked? Is the employer liable for employing such people?

Archived