Doctors to lose power to say who's sick..

He has been on a foreign holiday with his family around four times and at least one to the west country this year.

has he, do you have any proof?

from my recollection he had two holidays in the summer, one to italy and the other was to the west country, but both were while parliament was on its summer break.

are you saying when he has official breaks the same as every other mp, he is not allowed to go away and relax?

As been said before on other threads, it will just be a "box ticking" exercise carried out by a private business who employ monkeys which don't know their backside from their elbow let alone have any medical knowledge what-so-ever.

just because you keep saying something, that doesn't make it right. you are predicting the future without any knowledge of the facts, thus your no more right than someone making the exact opposite assumption.

I wonder if the MP's pensions will be cut back like the rest of the civil servants and local government workers?

No chance, every former prime minister gets paid over £110,000 per year from the public purse FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. This payment is called "Public Duty Payment" and it is the same whether they were in office for ten years or 6 months. It goes up every year. On top of that they get a pension.

In 2010 the prime minister took home £198,661 which was made up of Ministerial entitlement + parliamentary Salary.

has he, do you have any proof?

from my recollection he had two holidays in the summer, one to italy and the other was to the west country, but both were while parliament was on its summer break.

are you saying when he has official breaks the same as every other mp, he is not allowed to go away and relax?

No he has actually been on specific foreign holidays with his family. This was pointed out on a BBC radio 4 programme, and the point was that he takes an unusual amount of holidays. This is a problem because it costs the UK taxpayer dear when he goes away, because we have to pay for a team of security and office staff to go with him just in case.

I presume the new people who are doing the medical examinations will be trained medical professionals. If they are who's to say their diagnosis is right?

We always get those who come along and state they have never been ill. Well good for you, you're lucky. There are many illnesses that have no physical symptoms..Of course there are people who put it on, there always will be. But if this is to be a money saving scheme it won't save anything. Its just another daft scheme by a struggling government desperate to be seen to be doing something about the mess we're in..

If there aren't enough jobs already what's the point in making the dole queue any longer anyway?

No he has actually been on specific foreign holidays with his family. This was pointed out on a BBC radio 4 programme, and the point was that he takes an unusual amount of holidays. This is a problem because it costs the UK taxpayer dear when he goes away, because we have to pay for a team of security and office staff to go with him just in case.

A weekend break in April to celebrate his wife's birthday in Spain

A weekend in May joining his family on holiday.

A family holiday to Tuscany in August cut short when he returned after the outbreak of riots which was resumes later on the same month.

So, lets put the facts out there.

Two weekend breaks and one week-long holiday cut short then resumed later on.

Do you really begrudge between 15-20 days holiday to the prime minister. How many holiday days do you have each year?

I presume the new people who are doing the medical examinations will be trained medical professionals.

Perhaps I'm just cynical but I have a suspicion as to which company will be doing these examinations and their concept of "trained medical professional" is somewhat nebulous.

But if this is to be a money saving scheme it won't save anything. Its just another daft scheme by a struggling government desperate to be seen to be doing something about the mess we're in..

Absolutely. They're talking about 4 weeks as the review point in that article - that's less than the recovery times from many common types of surgery. What on earth is the point of dragging people in for examination by a complete stranger while they are recovering from an operation?

Archived