Freddie mercury died 20 yrs today

As they had 24 singles they must have had 2.400 tracks-one of the worlds largest catalogues rivalled only by Screwfix and Toolstation.

a) It was a figure of speech

b) I was referring to your "most of their songs" examples - two of their lowest common denominator hit singles.

I'll say again, never judge a band on the singles they release.

a) It was a figure of speech

b) I was referring to your "most of their songs" examples - two of their lowest common denominator hit singles.

I'll say again, never judge a band on the singles they release.

I thought the singles were to drive sales of LPs;I found Queen so shallow and formulaic that I had no interest in discovering any other tracks such as Flush Jordan,White Tricycle and A day with the Aces.Good for the quasi heavy metal fans,lads in sixth-form and grown ups wanting a Xmas present,but never taken seriously by their fellow musicians who thought them ridiculous and derivative.

I thought the singles were to drive sales of LPs;I found Queen so shallow and formulaic that I had no interest in discovering any other tracks such as Flush Jordan,White Tricycle and A day with the Aces.Good for the quasi heavy metal fans,lads in sixth-form and grown ups wanting a Xmas present,but never taken seriously by their fellow musicians who thought them ridiculous and derivative.

More like they were jealous of Queens success :roll:

Some groups co-wrote their songs to avoid royalty disputes,and I think the Jam did this although Weller did the bulk of the writing,and of course the Archies with Sugar,Sugar was co-written by the band members.

The Archies as a band did not exist the song was recorded by unnamed session musicians it was written by Jeff Barry and Andy Kim who had nothing at all to do with the recording.

More like they were jealous of Queens success :roll:

Well some people are successful in monetary terms but persistently lack credibility.I dont think Freddie Mercury had a great life -he was an insecure and promiscuous homesexual who lacked true friendship in his life.

Archer,Mynogue,Madonna,and James Blunt.It is called artitistic credibility and doing things which are right not for commercial reasons.This is why John Lennon is held in higher regard than the anaemic Pail Mccartney,and Orson Wells rated more than Walt Disney.

Well as a second rate band they didnt fare to badly in fact the appearance at Band aid has been called the greatest 20 mins in rock history and many stars of the rock industry call it the best gig ever.Without doubt Freddie was the ultimate showman and as such the greatest frontman ever...Oh and he could sing

Archived