Media Ethics Enquiry

I'm glad to say we have very little in the US like the Sun, the Mirror or the News of The World. Most of our best newspapers are regional, though some like the NewYork Times are nationally read. Murdoch is not a US citizen to my knowledge, but has control of Fox News and the New York Post. He has been trying for years to control the conservative agenda with some success, which makes him a traitor in my estimation. Enjoy your tiny little island, won't you.:)

Urm was that supposed to be a diss:confused:

I wasn't having a go at anyone in the US except the murdochs and I never claimed he was a citizen:confused: I am very very proud our tiny country has annoyed him:D Hopefully we can long continue to annoy him and that trump idiot!

I never really had much time for Hugh Grant in the past but after seeing him on Question Time and reading about his comments at both the Leveson Enquiry and the Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions, my opinion of him has gone through the roof. He's very articulate and intelligent and is obviously made of the right stuff.

It's a bit too much to hope for but there really should be an immediate ban placed on the selling of the Mail, The Sun, The Times, The Star etc. It wouldn't be an attack on free speech to do so, rather it would contribute to the intellectual and personal freedom of the majority of the population. We might see the vacuum filled by newspapers that concentrate on providing information rather than scandal, prurience, celebrity obsession and political manipulation on behalf of the establishment.

Archived