What are your opinions on Hummus?

I stopped eating it as it contains genetically modified canola oil.

Then again many soft drinks now contain high fructose corn syrup,as a substitute to sugar,and we drink them.

Most corn likely to be GM.

I heard a health professional on R4 a few weeks ago who said that fructose is now one of the leading causes of cirrhosis of the liver.

I stopped eating it as it contains genetically modified canola oil.

Then again many soft drinks now contain high fructose corn syrup,as a substitute to sugar,and we drink them.

Most corn likely to be GM.

I heard a health professional on R4 a few weeks ago who said that fructose is now one of the leading causes of cirrhosis of the liver.

Don't read into anything like this too much and instead, enjoy a little of what you fancy. One day a glass of wine for example is good for you, the next it will cause certain death. My advice; you've gotta die of something so enjoy yourself on the way :)

That's why I get the others that I mentioned. Tesco's do a nice Jalapeno one. I now find regular hummus a bit bland.

I've had a few of those 3 packs with spicy varieties which are great with Milano breadsticks.

Failing that the plain is OK ifyou stir in a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter and some whipped cream. It's good if you scoop it up with cheese nacos and wash it down with a bottle of Chianti. It's the healthy option if you are watching a film on the telly, and far better than snacking on a bag of crisps.;)

Archived