Hate council tax

sfish

i have paid my council tax but still got a court letter to go to court over non payment with court cost added on. i have payed it ive got receipts to prove it will i still have to pay court cost even though its not my fault ? Its really stressing me out ive got 3 kids only my partner working at the min and its only agency work but still manage to pay the large amount of council tax there asking for and then they trying to add more on.

i have paid my council tax but still got a court letter to go to court over non payment with court cost added on. i have payed it ive got receipts to prove it will i still have to pay court cost even though its not my fault ? Its really stressing me out ive got 3 kids only my partner working at the min and its only agency work but still manage to pay the large amount of council tax there asking for and then they trying to add more on.

see the cab

im sure if you can prove youve paid with reciepts you dont have to wait till court and you WONT have to pay court costs

good luck

No you won't have to pay court costs for sure. Why not take the receipts into your council office as proof, then they will be able to put a stop to it...If they don't just turn up at court. There'll be a duty solicitor who you can see for free who'll advise you and speak up for you in court. There's nothing to worry about, but it is most annoying.

I'll bet there's some admin error where your payments have been credited to the wrong account or something like that..

Stay calm, providing you have all evidence of payment you have nothing to worry about. I am tired of the incompetence of local government which results in unnecessary work and further waste of time and tax payers money taking people to court before realising it's a computer error. It's always the same, blame it on the computer, the curse of all ills of the twenty-first century

No you won't have to pay court costs for sure. Why not take the receipts into your council office as proof, then they will be able to put a stop to it...If they don't just turn up at court. There'll be a duty solicitor who you can see for free who'll advise you and speak up for you in court. There's nothing to worry about, but it is most annoying.

I'll bet there's some admin error where your payments have been credited to the wrong account or something like that..

the other day walking to walk with this lass she told me shed been charged for her flat AND the one downstairs so got charged council tax twice, took her 3 attempts to get through to them that it was a seperate dwelling, even then the landlord had to go and tell them, if hed declined to help her shed have been taken to court

the other day walking to walk with this lass she told me shed been charged for her flat AND the one downstairs so got charged council tax twice, took her 3 attempts to get through to them that it was a seperate dwelling, even then the landlord had to go and tell them, if hed declined to help her shed have been taken to court

When dealing with these sort of dept I always try to email. Then you've got a record of what's going on...

There's some right howlers dropped..

It might be because they're asking for the full year in one go instead of in ten instalments. They do this if there have been delays in payments in the past. Or it could be because of arrears in previous years. Or it could be because a council tax benefit claim has been closed for whatever reason. You may be eligible for CTB but aren't getting it. The letter you've received should stipulate how much is owed and for which years. You need to get to the bottom of the matter and find out what is owed for when and why. If the council can't sort it out go to an advice service.

seems theres a lot of admin errors from that dept continually:suspect:

Archived