Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

There is a link at the bottom of every page that says "Terms of Use & Rules" or the link at the left hand side of every page that says "Help & Contact us"

Why would people read a sticky note when they don't read these ?

Found it thanks. Because it would be at the top which is where people usually start reading, I never go to the bottom because when I get to the last post I press the next number so I can continue reading the posts.

Having looked at your deleted thread, I know exactly why it was removed and as Sibon has already said if you read the rules you'd know as well, but if you want the thread reinstated then the Helpdesk is the place to ask and discuss the reasons for removal, though in this case I'd be surprised if it that happened.

Thanks for your detailed post, i appreciate it, but pretty please, can you give me a clue?

Comply with our terms of use listed above.

- Not contain multiple words in capital letters unless an acronym.

- Not be written entirely in bold.

- Be written in English and avoid excessive ‘txt’ speech (L8R, Wknd, etc).

- Contribute to the discussion. Personal messages to other users is not allowed.

- Not be duplicated, i.e. posting the same message in multiple areas or times.

- Not artificially ‘bump’ an existing topic to the top of the list of topics.

- Have, when starting a new discussion, a descriptive and informative subject.

He/she has views and is allowed to voice them. A lot of people agree with what he/she is saying.

I have never seen a post where he/she insults someone, which is quite respectful or can you send me a link where she has personally insulted a poster?

Where did i suggest i was being insulted? I'm a big boy, i can handle it, and would never report somebody just for insulting me.

Thanks for your detailed post, i appreciate it, but pretty please, can you give me a clue?

Did you also read this highlighted part of the rules? I don't know anything about the thread that you mean but this does cover a lot of the reasons that things are removed.

Users agree to use this site for lawful purposes only. Users shall not post or transmit through this site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, confidential, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Users must not use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content, to 'stalk' or otherwise harass another or to collect or store personal data about other users. Users shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any such submission or use of the Site and agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any damage, harm or loss resulting from such a submission or use of the Site.

evidently you missed this bit of my reply
...Moderators are not allowed to discuss specific moderation issues in thread or via PM's, that's what the helpdesk is for, so asking a moderator to explain their decision in a forum will result in being directed to the helpdesk...

I posted a thread yesterday, it vanished in 2 minutes. It was just an article on Saudi Arabia believing Iran to be the biggest threat in the M.E, very inoffensive, no sarcastic remarks, just a quote from an article. I have already asked why it was removed. I know why it was removed, but cannot prove anything as i have no mod powers. A neutral mod could confirm it (if they would be so kind)

I think CXC3000 just reports threads he doesn't like to silence the opposition, and i believe someone with moderating powers does was he asks. It would explain why certain threads get closed, yet most of his remain.

That is easy enough to check - check his threads vs his oppositions threads.

A thread doesn't get closed, or a post removed just because someone has reported it.

I think stuff on the General Forum tends to go in phases.

Sometimes we have a lot of threads blaming everything on Muslims.

Sometimes we have a lot of threads blaming everything on the Jews / Zionists / Israel.

Sometimes we have had a lot of threads about conspiracy theories.

Sometimes it all goes quiet.

While I don't think that they have any 'rights' as such, I would go further. I demand that abhorrent views be heard.

How are we to know what is abhorrent if we pretend that these people and their opinions don't exist? Sunlight is a tremendous disinfectant and time after time we see that exposure to it lets people see what's proper.

Ok, I agree with you.:o

The McCarthyism of those who voice concerns about Islamism should stop, as should tarring all those who dare with the 'racist' brush.

Archived