Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

I'm tiring of the incessant flood of political / religious threads now, its just constant, most have no actual content apart from the odd soundbite and or pasted bit from some unknown biased website or a youtube video.

They are normally posted by trolls who have a very one sided agenda and dont actually want a debate just throw as much crap out there as they can. Infact most arent even actual members just people rejoining under assumed names just to post more biased opinions.

People obviously do like them, or they wouldn't contribute. They are very popular and personally, I think, the best!

If you don't like them, don't read them! :rolleyes:

I agree Suffragette1.

Is the General Discussion here specific to Sheffield? If so, i apologise for posting non-Sheffield specific threads.

If not, i have to agree, and i voted Yes; someone here with moderating powers has an agenda and is deleting threads based on their beliefs without allowing a conversation/debate to run its natural course.

This should be worrying to anyone.

I often wonder if perhaps moderators should separate themselves from topics anyway. Yes they have a point of view but refereeing an argument you're involved in seems wrong.

But they're often the best and most interesting in terms of discussion, before the usual suspect start getting personal and throwing insults around. I personally like heated and lively debates.

thing is some arent even for debate, take the troll today all it was was a thread or two throwing anti hamas soundbites around and a youtube video

it WASNT a thread to debate hamas or to debate the middle east even, it was purely an anti hamas troll thread

when it got deleted he spat the dummy out and called the forum anti israeli........since most of the political / religious threads on here over the past 4 or 5 years have been anti muslim thats a bit rich lol

when it got deleted he spat the dummy out and called the forum anti israeli........since most of the political / religious threads on here over the past 4 or 5 years have been anti muslim thats a bit rich lol

Anti Israeli

Anti BNP

Anti EDL

Anti Muslim

Anti Bus Drivers

Anti Teachers

Anti Public Sector Workers

Anti Cyclists

What an evil forum! :)

Its specific to anyone who has a connection with Sheffield. Why else would you be here?

I have absolutely no connection whatsoever with this North East Forum so why would I join it and start posting on their general chat about Middle East stuff?

Well i have connections to Sheffield and to the ME.

What now?

thing is some arent even for debate, take the troll today all it was was a thread or two throwing anti hamas soundbites around and a youtube video

it WASNT a thread to debate hamas or to debate the middle east even, it was purely an anti hamas troll thread

I don't disagree with this. The Hamas/youtube troll earlier was not here to debate.

Well i have connections to Sheffield and to the ME.

What now?

he didnt say everyone..............but theres a hell of a lot of "usernames" that seem to be created purely to "have a go" at certain political / religious subjects

Archived