Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

check my posting history and youll find i welcome people to the forum, post happy birthdays, post to help people in the computer section, post about history in the history section, very occasionly in the sports section and i also post in the most stupid threads i can find..........i am not obsessed by the political / religious threads far from it

some people DO need to take a step back

Your post history is not of interest to me and its your so-called total non-obsession with political/religious threads has caused this thread.

All you had to do was avoid those threads as i do your post history.

I'm tiring of the incessant flood of political / religious threads now, its just constant, most have no actual content apart from the odd soundbite and or pasted bit from some unknown biased website or a youtube video.

They are normally posted by trolls who have a very one sided agenda and dont actually want a debate just throw as much crap out there as they can. Infact most arent even actual members just people rejoining under assumed names just to post more biased opinions.

Hypocritical Melthebell at your best. You know you start your own fair share (more than) of them. IF you don't like them, perhaps you should stop starting these sort of threads then. Here is just part of your contribution:

If you still insist on the BNP being the saviours of Britain

EDL founder Stephen Lennon guilty over football brawl

LOL i was just gonna ask..

Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

RE teacher Gary Smith's Muslim attackers jailed

Shops refuse to sell Harry Potter toys

The BNP seem popular in the news lately

We are in danger of losing touch with the public on race, immigration and..

Other immigrants not hated??

Pall mall closed due to chinese new year celebrations

Is debate about the EDL completely banned now?

The far right in Germany dead?

Question about racism

Christian sacrilege

'Women-friendly' mosques praised

Miss USA - Rima Fakih

Racist bomb maker jailed

SF isn't likely to turn into a propaganda tool anytime soon.

Politically, it's forever going to descend into Labour v Tories and/or Public v Private arguments. No matter what the OP.

Religiously, likewise it's forever going to descend into extremist v moderate views. Again no matter what the OP.

Plus ça change and all that. It's exchanging opinions, often about polarising topics, so entirely to be expected and normal human behaviour (...I hope! :hihi:)

By the very nature of the medium (persistent - what you post stays and sticks), some 'characters' get seen by regulars for what/who they are, either very quickly ("zachs" or somesuch, was it?) or gradually through posting history/patterns. And get ignored. Normal order of things, whether on a bulletin board or in a pub.

I haven't paid any attention to the troll du jour with the anti-Hamas agenda. Aside from the single issue posters, we all use the forum for our own ends to some degree. If I am in the mood for some serious debate, then I'll gravitate towards certain threads, if I fancy a more of a banter and a laugh, then I stick to the more lighthearted ones.

And I do think that the term 'troll' gets misused, many use it erroneously to describe someone with views that are diametrically opposed to theirs. I've been accused of it before and I can assure you that I am not (I may look like one however but that's a different story), I do not have the primary intention of provoking members into an emotional response or upsetting anyone.

re:- bold

to me thats not using it for your own ends tho thats using it it as it should be, post what comes naturally, dont have an agenda, use the whole forum, have fun

as for the troll thing

i TRY to honestly only call people a troll if i really think they are and fit the definition, the one today WAS a troll, he had one agenda, shout a loud of soundbites, post youtube links to back it up purely to get a reaction, then whinged when it got deleted.

theres plenty of "right wing" posters that i dont believe are real, they are second / third / fourth accounts deliberely set up to troll and propagate certain right wing views purely to get a reaction.

re:- bold

to me thats not using it for your own ends tho thats using it it as it should be, post what comes naturally, dont have an agenda, use the whole forum, have fun

as for the troll thing

i TRY to honestly only call people a troll if i really think they are and fit the definition, the one today WAS a troll, he had one agenda, shout a loud of soundbites, post youtube links to back it up purely to get a reaction, then whinged when it got deleted.

theres plenty of "right wing" posters that i dont believe are real, they are second / third / fourth accounts deliberely set up to troll and propagate certain right wing views purely to get a reaction.

you're slipping into dangerous territory here.

you don't want anyone to post political or religious threads (unless they wish others a happy birthday or help them with PC problems), and now you're onto anyone with right wing views (ie a vast section of society).

I don't think that people are doing anything annoying or wrong if they only wish to post on politics and religion threads.

There are many long standing members who only post about pets and others who only post about football. SF is a wide ranging general discussion forum, it seems to me that it is what it is for.

Hypocritical Melthebell at your best. You know you start your own fair share (more than) of them. IF you don't like them, perhaps you should stop starting these sort of threads then. Here is just part of your contribution:

If you still insist on the BNP being the saviours of Britain

EDL founder Stephen Lennon guilty over football brawl

LOL i was just gonna ask..

Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

RE teacher Gary Smith's Muslim attackers jailed

Shops refuse to sell Harry Potter toys

The BNP seem popular in the news lately

We are in danger of losing touch with the public on race, immigration and..

Other immigrants not hated??

Pall mall closed due to chinese new year celebrations

Is debate about the EDL completely banned now?

The far right in Germany dead?

Question about racism

Christian sacrilege

'Women-friendly' mosques praised

Miss USA - Rima Fakih

Racist bomb maker jailed

haha nice try, and 10 points for being an obsessive stalker

how many posts have i got? how many political threads / posts would the percentage be?

what about the myriad of posters that have say 5 posts and ALL posts are in the same type of threads or 5 threads started?

as i said above i post in all sorts of threads / sections

how old are some of those threads? it seems to me theres more and more threads on the same subjects appearing lately, and "users" appearing posting in em

the point is i believe theres people ACTIVELY using the forum as a platform, im not sure i do, yes im on one side but i dip in and out of them

for example how many political threads have i posted in today? two that got deleted..........which were purely to say the thread was of no importance

Archived