Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

I see you're trying to wriggle out of it, but the fact is you complain of tiring of these threads, knowing full well you start them yourself too.

Re new users jumping into particular subjects, I think we're all aware we have a user or users who frequents the forum but keeps registering under a new username. Why they do it, I don't know, that's not for me to answer.

Provided they're not being abusive, I don't have a problem with people holding extreme views not being banned. I don't understand why those with extreme right wing views are invariably banned yet those on the extreme left aren't. I don't agree with banning people for their views, their conduct, certainly, but not because they're of a particular political or religious persuasion.

I see you're trying to wriggle out of it, but the fact is you complain of tiring of these threads, knowing full well you start them yourself too.

im not wriggling out of anything, ive never said ive never posted any, nor have i said they shouldnt be allowed, but theres certain users that are obsessed with it, as scux said...one trick ponies

and the sheer amount on one or two subjects with only a handful of posts to their name?

I don't understand why those with extreme right wing views are invariably banned yet those on the extreme left aren't.

Probably because the people that keep being banned are the users that have been perma-banned due to the nature and content of their posts yet keep re-registering or have multiple accounts (which are against forum rules)

Do any SF regulars actually care or are directly affected by the issues in that particular part of the Middle East, any more say than Egypt, Syria or Iran where there is unrest?

Its like a group of mates sitting in a pub and some random stranger coming in and shouting his mouth off to them about a completely random topic.

http://xkcd.com/386/

I have mentioned this a few times, but there is a large area of land where many tens of thousands of Muslims have been forcibly removed from their homes, but their plight, much to their despair, rarely gets a mention in the media.

It's Western Sahara.

I suspect that the unfortunate people remain largely forgotten because they fail to fit in either "us" or "them" so that the rest of the world can comfortably take "sides".

It unfortunate that most of us have become so polarised in our views that we are unable to recognise logic or truth.

SF has become a propaganda tool just like all Internet forums have, and the media in general. Although they might be vocal, hopefully the people that have taken "sides" are limited in influence.

Though it has been mentioned repeatedly on this thread.

At least the threads you linked to were debates, rather than simply links.

indeed thats another point

i never joined purely to throw up thousands of threads with no substance or debate to back my views up, which happened twice today

SF is a social networking soap-box where everyone has the opportunity to air their views on whatever topic they choose. I'd say religion is by far the most popular topic on SF, which is probably due to the amount of warnings, suspensions and bans there are over it.

Which is why I find religious threads highly entertaining. I have a feeling this thread'll be hijacked soon..... I'll get the popcorn.

Probably because the people that keep being banned are the users that have been perma-banned due to the nature and content of their posts yet keep re-registering or have multiple accounts (which are against forum rules)

But the nature and content of their posts, unless they're abusive to and/or about other members, should not cause them to be banned, in my view.

But the nature and content of their posts, unless they're abusive to and/or about other members, should not cause them to be banned, in my view.

And that's probably the reason for the perma-bans (you also forgot abuse via PM).

Archived