Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

Provided they're not being abusive, I don't have a problem with people holding extreme views not being banned. I don't understand why those with extreme right wing views are invariably banned yet those on the extreme left aren't. I don't agree with banning people for their views, their conduct, certainly, but not because they're of a particular political or religious persuasion.

My bold. I believe I do. Having been here for a few years I've noticed that the troll/ sock puppet/ multiple accounts are invariable operated by people who are extreme right, which in itself says something about these sort of people. The left-wing persuasion here tend to be easily identifiable by their single user names and are much more likely, in general, to be prepared to support their opinions rather than use diversion tactics or simply disappear.

As for SF being a propaganda tool, it certainly doesn't allow freedom of expression on certain issues and we all know what those are. Abhorrent though some views are, they have a right to be heard.

My bold. I certainly haven't noticed this at all. People who are considerably to the left and the right of the political spectrum both have their say here on a daily basis.

I believe Mel has just the one. I wonder if we could say the same of yourself? I suspect Mel will still be posting away as Mel long after you've disappeared or had to reinvent yourself.

Hearin' those 'woids was like being hit with a Bull Elephant on heat, a prophecy which knocked him for six. Mel slumped back into his chair watching his cigarette burn to his nicotine stained fingers. It was true, Sheffield Forum had eaten away a large part of his life, damn that city and to hell with the people in it.

Ah! who was he kiddin' he needed it, it was like a drug, a bad one, the sort those bums in Ringo's pump into their veins and he smiled as his hands stroked the laptop. Thirty five thousand posts by Christmas was looking good.

Hearin' those 'woids was like being hit with a Bull Elephant on heat, a prophecy which knocked him for six. Mel slumped back into his chair watching his cigarette burn to his nicotine stained fingers. It was true, Sheffield Forum had eaten away a large part of his life, damn that city and to hell with the people in it.

Ah! who was he kiddin' he needed it, it was like a drug, a bad one, the sort those bums in Ringo's pump into their veins and he smiled as his hands stroked the laptop. Thirty five thousand posts by Christmas was looking good.

I imagined Mel as Robert Mitchum then for some strange reason...:hihi:

But they're often the best and most interesting in terms of discussion, before the usual suspects start getting personal and throwing insults around. .

I also think those threads are quite interesting. Far btter than wondering why the police helecoptor is over Ecclesfield.

However, I agree about ther insults thing. So many posters can't help themselves and resort to insults. :)

My bold. I believe I do. Having been here for a few years I've noticed that the troll/ sock puppet/ multiple accounts are invariable operated by people who are extreme right, which in itself says something about these sort of people. The left-wing persuasion here tend to be easily identifiable by their single user names and are much more likely, in general, to be prepared to support their opinions rather than use diversion tactics or simply disappear.

So because you can’t comprehend the possibility that more than one person can have an opinion that differs from your opinions, all accounts that appose your views must be the same person.

Archived