Is SF turning into a political / religious propaganda tool?

Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SF turning into a propaganda tool?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if its not my favourite side
    • Whats propaganda mean?

someone here with moderating powers has an agenda and is deleting threads based on their beliefs without allowing a conversation/debate to run its natural course.

That's quite an accusation to make, you'd better expand on it.

Abhorrent though some views are, they have a right to be heard.

While I don't think that they have any 'rights' as such, I would go further. I demand that abhorrent views be heard.

How are we to know what is abhorrent if we pretend that these people and their opinions don't exist? Sunlight is a tremendous disinfectant and time after time we see that exposure to it lets people see what's proper.

I posted a thread yesterday, it vanished in 2 minutes. It was just an article on Saudi Arabia believing Iran to be the biggest threat in the M.E, very inoffensive, no sarcastic remarks, just a quote from an article. I have already asked why it was removed. I know why it was removed, but cannot prove anything as i have no mod powers. A neutral mod could confirm it (if they would be so kind)

I think CXC3000 just reports threads he doesn't like to silence the opposition, and i believe someone with moderating powers does was he asks. It would explain why certain threads get closed, yet most of his remain.

That is easy enough to check - check his threads vs his oppositions threads.

I posted a thread yesterday, it vanished in 2 minutes. It was just an article on Saudi Arabia believing Iran to be the biggest threat in the M.E, very inoffensive, no sarcastic remarks, just a quote from an article. I have already asked why it was removed. I know why it was removed, but cannot prove anything as i have no mod powers. A neutral mod could confirm it (if they would be so kind)

I can see quite clearly why it has been deleted. You'd understand as well, if you read the forum rules.

Now, can we please stop discussing moderation, or this quite interesting thread will get closed. That would be a shame.

Sheffield Forum has the power to influence opinion on anyone who so far may have none but a propoganda tool, no, I don't think so.

Most debates are filled with people whose minds are already made up even though some of the reasoning is misguided. Very few fly down the middle and question both sides and that's when it becomes a good debate so long as it remains civil. I hate the labelling which is constantly handed round Left or Right There is a neutral after all.

Sheffield Forum has the power to influence opinion on anyone who so far may have none but a propoganda tool, no, I don't think so.

Most debates are filled with people whose minds are already made up even though some of the reasoning is misguided. Very few fly down the middle and question both sides and that's when it becomes a good debate so long as it remains civil. I hate the labelling which is constantly handed round Left or Right There is a neutral after all.

I have actually changed my original stance on a few issues after having my views challenged on here. I've also learned a fair amount, not just from reading other people's posts but from doing my own research on certain topics.

Archived