How old should baby be before you go away without her?

purdy

How old should a baby be before it is OK to leave her with her grandparents whilst you take a holiday?

I really need a break. I have a baby who will be 13 months old when I'm thinking of going away. I would feel guilty about leaving her behind, but I would also feel guilty about taking her away.

Her grandparents are happy to look after her, but I've never been out of her sight for more than a few hours before and wonder whether I would even enjoy my holiday.

Has anyone on here any experiences to share?

How old should a baby be before it is OK to leave her with her grandparents whilst you take a holiday?

I really need a break. I have a baby who will be 13 months old when I'm thinking of going away. I would feel guilty about leaving her behind, but I would also feel guilty about taking her away.

Her grandparents are happy to look after her, but I've never been out of her sight for more than a few hours before and wonder whether I would even enjoy my holiday.

Has anyone on here any experiences to share?

13 months a good age, can you get the time off work ?

You shouldnt go. You will be miserable and the child may not settle. How would you feel if you were miles away and the child was taken ill?

There will be plenty of time for holidays later. At 13 months the child should be with her mother and you should be there.

I dont have any children but i am sure that 13 months is old enough to leave her, and its not like your leaving her with strangers its her grandparents.

Why don't you just have a night out and let them have her over night - that way you get some time for yourself and get a break but your not going to be far away from where she is and so can get her the next morning or something.

Then maybe plan a weekend away a bit further down the line

One of my nieces didnt sleep as a baby and my sister had Postnatal depression so we would often have her over night (i lived with my mum at the time ) to give my sister a nights rest and this was from a younger age than 13 months. As i said if they are with family its good, and its also good to get them used to being away from you as sometimes they have to be

not untill they are old enough to ask questions and see reason like 'wheres mommy' and then nanna can tell them to reassure them, but thats just me.

still to this day i havnt been out on a christmas eve for 23 yrs cos i thinks i should be with me kids.(ive had younger ones too)

and besides, even if you did leave her and you were worrying all the time, whats that holiday gonna be like foryou?? wait till shes older, or better still, take her with you, i did

GF XX

so Xenia and Grayface- you think that beacuse someone has children they arent entitled to some 'me' time....i guess its a matter of opinion, and i know i dont have children but as mentioned my neices/nephews often spent the night at my mums when they were babies to allow them to have some time to themsleves/go out/watch a film etc.

Since moving to Sheffield I often have one of my brothers 3 children staying 9/5/3 yrs and they all look forward to it (including the 3 yr old) asking when it's there turn to stay with aunty HTM

If you are leaving them with familiar people, like members of family, who they are used to being with, then I'd say 5 or 6 years old - when they are old enough to understand that you are going away but coming back again.

But 13 months? You have to be joking or are you really serious about this?

When you willingly (presumably) decided to have a baby did you not consider that it means making a huge committment, 24/7, 365 days of the year?

If you are leaving them with familiar people, like members of family, who they are used to being with, then I'd say 5 or 6 years old - when they are old enough to understand that you are going away but coming back again.

But 13 months? You have to be joking or are you really serious about this?

When you willingly (presumably) decided to have a baby did you not consider that it means making a huge committment, 24/7, 365 days of the year?

A bit harsh.:mad:

Archived