Parking caravans at home

Does anyone know the law on parking caravans on a driveway at your home I would appreciate any advice on the matter.:(

I think its OK to park but not legal to occupy as it is a breach of planning.Some people use their vans as an observation post upsetting neighbours.Make sure that squatters dont move in now the laws are tighter.

I think its OK to park but not legal to occupy as it is a breach of planning.Some people use their vans as an observation post upsetting neighbours.Make sure that squatters dont move in now the laws are tighter.

The last i read the government was proposing to change it from civil Law to criminal law (hope so).

Also make sure you are not parking it near to a neighbour's window where you could cut out some light. For a neighbour it can be annoying and stressful to have a caravan blocking their light.

I know someone who used a solicitor to sucessfully get a caravan removed from a neighbour's drive because they parked it right up to their window.

might need to check the deeds of the house, or the lease. Some places, you are not allowed to hang out washing on a Sunday frinstance.

yeah this. Sometimes there are caviats on this sort of thing that should be in your housing deeds.

At one of my old houses we couldn't but that's because a neighbor had access through the drive way. Also on some private roads it is written in that you can't have boats or commercial vehicles.

Archived