Record store day tommorow (November 25th)

people moan about the british institution the pub dying and the various reasons.

heres another one now with a day to go support them on, with the advent of the internet and downloading etc, shops selling physical media are dieing, particulrly shops that ONLY sell music, cos the usual run of the mill public also buy their cds from supermarkets.

for me record shops and later cds have been an important part of my growing up.

Every time a new format comes out, people pine for the previous one.

I was determined to resist all this downloading of music from Itunes malarky, but I cracked eventually; now it just feels normal. Cassette tapes are a distant memory, and I wont miss CD's.

Every time a new format comes out, people pine for the previous one.

I was determined to resist all this downloading of music from Itunes malarky, but I cracked eventually; now it just feels normal. Cassette tapes are a distant memory, and I wont miss CD's.

i use and like mp3s but to me they arent perfect, i love the sound, touch and smell of the physical product always have, i love to read the liner details, smell the smell of the paper as well as hear it, love to see them lined up on my racks

i love the sound, touch and smell of the physical product always have, i love to read the liner details, smell the smell of the paper as well as hear it, love to see them lined up on my racks

:thumbsup: Me too.

All you get with a download is an addition to your MP3 library or a blank CD if you make one.

i used to spend hours on end in record stores buying up the latest promos and doublepacks - there was a time where everything released (dance-wise) was a bloody doublepack.

is warp still going?

record shop isnt, turned into fopp back in about the mid / late 90s? then vanished?

i spent many a hour in warp, and its previous incarnation over the road when it was FON records

record label is they now release more weird / indish bands and do films such as 4 lions

record shop isnt, turned into fopp back in about the mid / late 90s? then vanished?

i spent many a hour in warp, and its previous incarnation over the road when it was FON records

How many shops selling CDs are there left in Sheffield now?

Archived