Record store day tommorow (November 25th)

How many shops selling CDs are there left in Sheffield now?

Not many. The only one that I visit is the mighty Record Collector, but that is pretty useless for new releases.

I can spend hours in Record Collector and emerge with albums that I didn't know that I wanted. That is the best bit. I can buy stuff I really want online, but impulse purchases are more fun.

How many shops selling CDs are there left in Sheffield now?

dunno im not there lol

rare and racey still does, but its normally the weirder end (both second hand and brand new) bought a double richard h kirk cd last time i was there to do my bit in supporting them lol

all the second hand shops i used to frequent are gone...jacks being the last :(

Not many. The only one that I visit is the mighty Record Collector, but that is pretty useless for new releases.

I can spend hours in Record Collector and emerge with albums that I didn't know that I wanted. That is the best bit. I can buy stuff I really want online, but impulse purchases are more fun.

i used to buy tons from there, used to by lots of late punk white labels which are highly sort after these days and i no longer have :(

in fact a skinhead album i had the blaggers - on yer toez was only available in that version on the white label the more recent proper release is missing a couple of songs :( they later turned into Blaggers ITA

dunno im not there lol

rare and racey still does, but its normally the weirder end (both second hand and brand new) bought a double richard h kirk cd last time i was there to do my bit in supporting them lol

all the second hand shops i used to frequent are gone...jacks being the last :(

It's so annoying to see a review of a CD in the weekend papers and then go to HMV to find they aren't stocking it. :rant:

I know I could buy them online, but it's not the same as browsing in a proper shop is it?

It's so annoying to see a review of a CD in the weekend papers and then go to HMV to find they aren't stocking it. :rant:

I know I could buy them online, but it's not the same as browsing in a proper shop is it?

no

atmittedly after all this most of mine come from amazon these days too lol

theres a decent one in whitby these days now, sells a lot of folk, reggae and hippy stuff

bought a dvd one of my old mates from middlesbrough made about vin garbutt from there last time

Every time a new format comes out, people pine for the previous one.

I was determined to resist all this downloading of music from Itunes malarky, but I cracked eventually; now it just feels normal. Cassette tapes are a distant memory, and I wont miss CD's.

I still always buy albums on CD rather than digital download, there's something secure about having a physical copy I can put my hands on, it's mine and I can always re-rip it if anything happens to my HDD and I lose all my MP3s.

I still always buy albums on CD rather than digital download, there's something secure about having a physical copy I can put my hands on, it's mine and I can always re-rip it if anything happens to my HDD and I lose all my MP3s.

kinell we finally agree on someat

*puts the flags out*

Opening Hours

CD shop is open 10am-6pm, Vinyl shop 11am-5pm, every day except Wednesday and Sunday.

http://www.myspace.com/recordcollector1978

I used to try and get my albums from the Collector back in the day, not only were they cheaper than the city centre shops but occasionally they would also have bonus tracks on them too!

Archived