New to S12 area

SpeedDemon

Depending on which bit of s12 you live at there is alot going on at charmick and birley childrens centre. Also a toddler group at frechville. If you go onto asksid website or give Sheffield information link a ring they usually send you a pack with things going on in your area whether it be something for the kids or something for yourself xx

There's a nice playgroup in the pavilion at Hollinsend Park that runs most mornings and also one in the church hall at the bottom of Gleadless Common that is on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Not sure about other areas, but believe the Childrens Centre at Charnock is very good also.

I live in S20, just down the road & moved to the area 6 years ago, I have 3 boys, my eldest is 8. We go to Rothervalley at lot walking/biking - great on Saturdays where you can watch/take part in water-skiing. Parks for younger ones are High Hazels, Charnock, Mosborough Bridle Styles & Graves. Play centres are Kids Kingdom & Run Around. There are play groups in various places including Christchurch, Hackenthorpe, Our Lady of Lourdes on Springwater Ave; The Lifestyle Centre in Beighton & there are some at the nurseries - Birley Spa & Birley Community. We also swim loads at either Eckington or Westfield pools. You could contact your local Children's Centre to see what free courses they are running & book yourself on one of those too............ Hope that's enough to get you started

There's two groups running at St Peter's Church on White Lane. One on Tues morning and one on Thurs, ran by different people. There number's are on the board outside the church (sorry I don't have them to hand). There's also a Thursday afternoon group at the other church on White Lane (opposite Chippy) and again the number is on the board outside (sorry I don't have them).

Charnock Children's centre has a group for under 1's. There is also a gardening group that runs there. I don't know what days they are. If you give them a ring, I think they will also have the number's for the groups at the church.

White lane library has a baby group on the first Wednesday of the month. I think it's 2pm (I can't remember and I go! - it's next week and no need to book as it's a drop in). There's also an under 5's storytime every Mon pm, but need to book on this one.

Hope this helps.

Archived