Does anyone remember Margarets Sandwich Shop on Staniforth Road

My Dad was as you say in the right place at the right time there, all the English people were moving out and into new houses on the outskirts of town and all the Pakistanis were moving in, he would buy the old furniture up any antiques in the houses would go off to the antiques dealers on Abbeydale road, and the furniture would be sold to the Pakistani's who were moving in to the vacated house, he made an absolute killing at the time,how times have changed there now, last time I went past the old shop it was a barbers shop,I can remember it like it was yesterday,can you remember the ironmongers shop a few shops down I think they called the guy who ran it Leo then next was Seniors electric shop selling telly's and washing machines.

I remember Seniors dad bought mam a steam iron from there she wouldn't use it (can't put water in an iron ) she had it years and never put water in it.I can remember Speddings newspapers and toys,Whittickers clothes and wool ,Mosleys tv & radio,The fruit shop think it was called Bonsals,I can also remember a dairy that was run from the back of one of the houses on staniforth rd you went to the back door.they kept the milk in a building in the yard.

Yes I remember Seniors as Mum bought all her electrical goods there, the lady that worked there for years came in for sandwiches, also Moseleys tv and radio, John I think. I only visited mum and dad but often stayed for up to 3 weeks at a time, and got roped in to help in the shop. My sons used to go to Moseleys to rent videos.

Great memories - I remember all those places! The milk people were called 'Cherrys'. My Dad used to fancy Audrey Cherry. What about Winters sweet shop on Shireland lane - corner of Wilstrop Road. And also Freds chippy bottom of Farendan road - my Auntie Dot used to work there + give us massive portions of chips!!!............... Oh just remembered Langtons Barbers, Butlers wool shop, Hamers fruit and veg, Crofts butchers on Shireland Lane. And Bosons corner of Cattel st where I used to live. It had a Beech Nut 1d bubblegum machine outside!!

Edited by nice-nurse

Does anyone remember my mums sandwich shop on Staniforth Road just below Cliffes Shop. When my dad retired from the Steelworks he used to help her, he would cook the Bests {bacon egg sausage and tomato} his name was Paddy Hagan and I would to love to hear from anyone who remembers them.
Yep used to go there when i worked at Auto conversions accross rd round on Ribston and that yard up at top of ribston.

Does anyone remember my mums sandwich shop on Staniforth Road just below Cliffes Shop. When my dad retired from the Steelworks he used to help her, he would cook the Bests {bacon egg sausage and tomato} his name was Paddy Hagan and I would to love to hear from anyone who remembers them.

i used to have a portion in garth road off Staniforth rd.

I remember you and John. wonderful that that you still have your mum, what a great age.Susan is now living in Bulgaria and loves it, very rural. Spent two weeks with her a couple of years ago and hope to go again next year. Simon lives in Woodseats with his partner, he is 43 now. Janet my other sister lives at Broomhill. I am still in Ireland, get back to Sheffield a couple of times a year, and one of my sons lived there for a few years. Simon was telling me that I would not recognise Staniforth Road now, but I have happy memories of it.

I wasn't from that area but we used to hang around with Simon in our punk days, going to see u.s.hardcore bands. Etc. Simon was in toxic toys if I remember correctly, its a bit of a blur as so long ago . Also remember Alan, dave hedley, Jake, glen, jono and many more.

Still in touch with Jeff in Australia..

Jud.

My dad used to do wholesale sweets and cigarettes and I remember he used to visit a sandwich shop/cafe in Attercliffe run by a lady called Margaret..

The only other things I remember were a pinball machine in the shop and an arabic guy who'd lost a couple of fingers!!!!

Sound familiar????!!!!!!! :) :)