Cameron wants Serco workers to break the border strike

:hihi: I am sure they haven’t but can you come up with another reason as to why Nissan and Toyota build factories here rather than in mainland Europe,

I was always told that it was because the UK was an easy target. Firstly they had a very inefficient local motor industry. Secondly the Japanese drive on the left and it was far easier to target the UK with its existing cars. Thirdly I think they were offered very tempting deals.

It was far easier to compete with Austin Marinas than VW Golfs.

Now of course the Japanese have expanded from their UK bases and have manufacturing plants throughout Europe. It would perhaps be more useful to ask yourself why Ford moved its entire UK car manufacturing facilities to the mainland

Quite the opposite really, Britain is the place to invest because the Unions are on their knees ………. And the major corporations know it, they know in which countries it is the easiest to hire and fire people,

And if this government get their way with their new proposals, it will be even easier to sack people..

I was always told that it was because the UK was an easy target. Firstly they had a very inefficient local motor industry. Secondly the Japanese drive on the left and it was far easier to target the UK with its existing cars. Thirdly I think they were offered very tempting deals.

It was far easier to compete with Austin Marinas than VW Golfs.

Now of course the Japanese have expanded from their UK bases and have manufacturing plants throughout Europe. It would perhaps be more useful to ask yourself why Ford moved its entire UK car manufacturing facilities to the mainland

So it had nothing to do with workers rights then …………basically they need to be in Europe to avoid import taxes.

The average working week in the UK is now 43.6 hours compared with a European average of 40.3 and limits of just 35 in France.

Work until you drop: how the long-hours culture is killing us

With the longest working week in Europe, experts say Britain's health and productivity will decline unless something is done about it

And the major corporations know it, they know in which countries it is the easiest to hire and fire people,

They sure do. Poland, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Rumania, Albania, Russia,Croatia, Slovenia, China, Sri Lanka, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, India, Korea etc etc.

That’s why so many companies are moving there.

They sure do. Poland, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Rumania, Albania, Russia,Croatia, Slovenia, China, Sri Lanka, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, India, Korea etc etc.

That’s why so many companies are moving there.

But when they build a factory over here to get a foot in Europe there are those that are smug enough to think that its because Britain is best. :hihi:

You’re still confusing choice and force; it’s entirely their choice whether to work or strike.

The PFI establishment at which I work is promising disciplininary action against anyone who refuses to cross a picket line.

They will not even allow people to book holidays on that day.

The establishment is clearly rattled and deeply worried by this sabre rattling.

It is going to be a matter of who blinks first over the next few months.

One thing is sure.

Camerons days are numbered.

The PFI establishment at which I work is promising disciplininary action against anyone who refuses to cross a picket line.

One thing is sure.

I sincerely hope so Balpin :thumbsup:

One thing is sure.

Employers always refuse leave when staffing levels are low, and employees are usually disciplined for not turning up to work without good reason, they are both perfectly reasonable.

Employers always refuse leave when staffing levels are low, and employees are usually disciplined for not turning up to work without good reason, they are both perfectly reasonable.

I have never known it before, and I have worked in industry, and been a Trade Unionist, for 45 years.

They have the wind up big time.

Archived