Cameron wants Serco workers to break the border strike

All public sector workers? Or just some? If so which ones? Nurses? Fire fighters? Prison officers? Teachers? Life guards? Community workers? Soldiers? Ambulance drivers? Doctors? etc... etc... etc... All corrupt and incompetent you say?

You don't really believe that do you MrSmith?

I thought lifeguards were all volunteers

I think you are a little confused, I haven't said anything about individuals, although it is usually individuals that steel, and take days of work claiming to be sick when they are not. It is usually individuals that are incompetent, resulting in millions of wasted money.

[/b]

I'm not confused. You haven't answered any of the questions.

You have said that that the public sector isn't fit for purpose, is corrupt and (you mentioned it) 'incompetent'. (In)competence usually describes the capability of an individual to perform a specific task.

Now, fraud against the NHS could take many forms. It could be by staff, by patients or by external suppliers. Can you break your 'hundreds of millions' figure down a bit so it can be understood better? Remember, the NHS is being robbed blind every minute of every day by big pharma companies and equipment suppliers, overcharging by PFI suppliers etc...

I don't think the ones at Heeley Baths where I go for my swims are volunteers. They're council employees.

Are you thinking about about the RNLI?

the RNLI are lifeboats not lifeguards

some beaches have lifeguards in the summer not sure if their volunteers tho so no help there lol

I'm not confused. You haven't answered any of the questions.

You have said that that the public sector isn't fit for purpose, is corrupt and (you mentioned it) 'incompetent'. (In)competence usually describes the capability of an individual to perform a specific task.

Now, fraud against the NHS could take many forms. It could be by staff, by patients or by external suppliers. Can you break your 'hundreds of millions' figure down a bit so it can be understood better? Remember, the NHS is being robbed blind every minute of every day by big pharma companies and equipment suppliers, overcharging by PFI suppliers etc...

I'm not here to answer your question and even when I do you ignore the answer, I am also not here to prove everything I say, but on this occasion I have given you some proof which you have ignored has usual.

I'm not here to answer your question and even when I do you ignore the answer, I am also not here to prove everything I say, but on this occasion I have given you some proof which you have ignored has usual.

It's not proof of anything. I don't doubt that the NHS has a very small minority of staff that defraud it but I know it can also be defauded in other ways. I was really hoping for a breakdown of the fraud from you so I could decide whether your general claim that NHS staff are corrupt stands up to scrutiny. I haven't ignored anything - just asked you for more information that backs up your claim.

It's not proof of anything. I don't doubt that the NHS has a very small minority of staff that defraud it but I know it can also be defauded in other ways. I was really hoping for a breakdown of the fraud from you so I could decide whether your general claim that NHS staff are corrupt stands up to scrutiny. I haven't ignored anything - just asked you for more information that backs up your claim.

It’s my opinion based on the last 30years of reading and listening to the news, and a some years working in the public sector. There is a mass of information and news stories about corruption, fraud, incompetence and bureaucracy in the public sector, local council and central government, if you are interested you will look it up if not then don't worry about it.

It’s my opinion based on the last 30years of reading and listening to the news, and a some years working in the public sector. There is a mass of information and news stories about corruption, fraud, incompetence and bureaucracy in the public sector, local council and central government, if you are interested you will look it up if not then don't worry about it.

You and some others on here have little idea of how a massive undertaking, like the NHS, is run, it is obvious.

The NHS cannot be run like a little backstreet firm.

It has layers of management, and layers of middle management, and many tiers of supervision and staff.

We are not dealing with bits of metal, or cloth, or whatever, we are dealing with peoples lives.

It is imperative that bureaucracy is maintained.

It is vital that every move is accounted for and can be traced, lives depend on it, at all levels.

Every person employed within the system is a slave to it, and must be a part of it.

Unless you have worked in the NHS it is impossible to realise what a close knit system it is.

It is a pain, but it is there to safeguard us all, patient and worker alike.

You and some others on here have little idea of how a massive undertaking, like the NHS, is run, it is obvious.

The NHS cannot be run like a little backstreet firm.

It has layers of management, and layers of middle management, and many tiers of supervision and staff.

We are not dealing with bits of metal, or cloth, or whatever, we are dealing with peoples lives.

It is imperative that bureaucracy is maintained.

It is vital that every move is accounted for and can be traced, lives depend on it, at all levels.

Every person employed within the system is a slave to it, and must be a part of it.

Unless you have worked in the NHS it is impossible to realise what a close knit system it is.

It is a pain, but it is there to safeguard us all, patient and worker alike.

It’s a pity the overly bureaucratic system doesn’t work.

Incompetent nurses are continuing to treat patients because investigations into their fitness to practise are being closed early and without proper authority, a report has found. Despite allegations that the public was at "serious risk of harm", investigations have been closed prematurely amid failings by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).

Family criticise staff at hospital where patient was left to die in a corridor

Coroner says neglect contributed to the death of Peter Thompson, who was left without checks for 10 hours,

Archived