The Obedient Wives' Club

Double standards still prevail. Whilst ever the terms 'slut', 'slag', 'slapper' etc are ascribed to women only, then we must keep up the good fight. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your post was somewhat tongue in cheek.

Besides which, what has being a slut got to do with morals and ethics? Being immoral and 'unethical' would be sleeping with a friend's boyfriend or a member of your partner's family or a friend of theirs, in my view. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the number of partners. (This last paragraph is not aimed at you, by the way.)

There you go again...Learning this reformed sexist new lines...:D

A slut is generally a female who tends to have numerous sexual partners...

A man who has numerous sexual partners is general referred to "a bit of a lad." He's seen as a hero, even by his own family members...

I've known "sluts" over the years. Many are damaged individuals while others just like sex..

:D

Rightly or wrongly, it does reflect badly on a female if she's had many sexual partners, whereas with men it is less frowned upon; my own personal theory as to why this is, is the very nature of the act of sex itself, males take the dominant, assertive action while the female is the recipient.

Rightly or wrongly, it does reflect badly on a female if she's had many sexual partners, whereas with men it is less frowned upon; my own personal theory as to why this is, is the very nature of the act of sex itself, males take the dominant, assertive action while the female is the recipient.

I would personally say it's (at least in some part) because many, many, many years of the church trying its best to control women's sexuality has had a lasting effect.

If a woman is so submissive, rather than dominant and assertive, then it would make more sense for her to be less frowned upon than the male, using this line of thinking.

I would personally say it's (at least in some part) because many, many, many years of the church trying its best to control women's sexuality has had a lasting effect.

This is more like it. That combined with the fact that until the advent of DNA, paternity could not be guaranteed, so women were expected to only sleep with one partner.

Although a theory do you support or reject it?

Archived