£1bn scheme to help young jobless..BUT..

This is a complete joke as well as the taxpayer having to fork out and help businesses This type of project has been prooved not to work!!! When i left school in 1981 there were 3.3 million out of work, including under 24 year olds, they had then what they call the Youth Oppertunities Programme, A company were subsidised to create a work placement for 3 months. It never WORKED it actually STOPPED youths getting proper jobs because companies woulnt employ people full time permanently they just used the cheap labour for 3 months!!! after that they just got rid of the worker and got another, any work vacancy was filled by someone on this programme, the only winners were the companies!!!!

I do agree something should be done but this is completely the wrong way of doing it. the youth oppertunity programme turned in the Youth Oppertunity Scheme, because it didnt work out they went from a placement being 3 months, then they put it up to 6 months then 12 months, the youths that did the placement got an extra £10 on top of there benifit to do it. think they got £25 a week on benefits then, so they got £35 a week for doing the placement!! 40 hours a weeks it was slave labour, It was only the companies that benefited, they just used the free labour for a year. I went on one at kiveton colliery in the offices, even at the interview i was told there was no job at the end of it, they would just replace me!!! It appears to me that its a way of the taxpayer covering up the jobless figures!!!!

Aye man :help:

The problem we have is that nobody is actually employing. They are trying to reduce their workforces by natural wastage.

So whilst a young person is more likely to get a job, there aren't enough jobs being created.

When jobs are created youth unemployment shall fall faster than unemployment amongst the elderly.

Something more ive got to say is that its not just the jobs market its the under 24s themselves, i used to work in a sheet steel company, wages werent very good but it was good work, they stopped employing people under 21 because of there absenteeism and attitude to work, we got paid on thursdays and half the under 21s didnt turn in for work on friday. this left us short for any weekend work as well, so the company got rid of them one by one and employed people older!!

The problem we have is that nobody is actually employing. They are trying to reduce their workforces by natural wastage.

So whilst a young person is more likely to get a job, there aren't enough jobs being created.

When jobs are created youth unemployment shall fall faster than unemployment amongst the elderly.

If there aren’t enough jobs and houses for the people there must be too many people, solution, get rid of some of the people, simples.:)

That will not work, there is no money anywhere if you set someone on for a job they need to be able to do the job and make you some money a young lad with no training in a skilled job is useless, what we need is work to do like an injection of money into industry and the building trade and things like that,there is no work for people to do on mass like there was in the past,there is just nothing for the young to do, at one time the big industry's could offer apprenticeships and the training would benefit the company and the young person, all that will happen with this scheme is the young people will be used for cheap labour and got rid of at the end of it, its just a political tory move to make people think they are doing something about unemployment,but us older ones have seen it all before from the tory idiots, remember it was Thatchers government that was responsible for most of the national industry's being sold off to foreigners or closed down in the name of competition.

Archived