Do you know the difference between a Pelican and Puffin crossing?

Have you even heard of a Puffin crossing?

If you haven't, then you're in good company. I hadn't heard of them either until quite recently when I did yet another defensive driving course.

But if you're a pedestrian - which I imagine most of you with working legs will be - then it could be important to know the difference!

Just looked it up, this is the description of a PELICAN crossing,

Pelican crossings. These are signal-controlled crossings where flashing amber follows the red ‘Stop’ light. You MUST stop when the red light shows. When the amber light is flashing, you MUST give way to any pedestrians on the crossing. If the amber light is flashing and there are no pedestrians on the crossing, you may proceed with caution.

[Laws ZPPPCRGD regs 23 & 26 & RTRA sect 25(5)]

Think the Puffin crossing must be very similar!

ps there is also a Toucan crossing (I think that is the one which is designed for cyclists as well)

oooh you little cheat MonkeyLover! I bet you were a right copycat at school eh?:)

You're right about the Pelican and the yes there is a Toucan crossing as well - which I think is especially for people who drink Guinness?

But you've not said much about the Puffin y'see. And that is different to both of them.

oooh you little cheat MonkeyLover! I bet you were a right copycat at school eh?:)

You're right about the Pelican and the yes there is a Toucan crossing as well - which I think is especially for people who drink Guinness?

But you've not said much about the Puffin y'see. And that is different to both of them.

Yes I was! I used to make sure I got a box of chocolates for my birthday, scoff the lot, and then use the box as a pencil case in exams - and write some information on the inside! Ah, those were the days!:hihi:

Didn't get me anywhere though! - still was bottom of the class!

Just looked it up, this is the description of a PELICAN crossing,

Pelican crossings. These are signal-controlled crossings where flashing amber follows the red ‘Stop’ light. You MUST stop when the red light shows. When the amber light is flashing, you MUST give way to any pedestrians on the crossing. If the amber light is flashing and there are no pedestrians on the crossing, you may proceed with caution.

[Laws ZPPPCRGD regs 23 & 26 & RTRA sect 25(5)]

Think the Puffin crossing must be very similar!

ps there is also a Toucan crossing (I think that is the one which is designed for cyclists as well)

There's also a Pegasus crossing for horse riders!

Archived