The new Limit Bar

meggy

Whats everyones thought on Fuel re-openin, I think it is a fantastic addition to the Gay Scene in Sheff, Fuel was missed when it closed down.

Although I hear its being called 'Limit' now this was 'back in the day' the club to be at in Sheff and I know too well the crowd that used to go there were pretty hardcore...I reckon there may be a possibility of a bit of trouble from the old Limit crowd rockin up at a predominently Gay bar.

Don't like to generalise but I think there could be a bit of confusion as to what vibe 'Limit' is gonna be....i.e Not Heavy serious clubbing scene as was in the early Nineties!

Can't see the new Limit bar being gay to be honest, especially as they are using the same signage as the original Limit - Probably drawing on the Limit reunions that have taken place... Not in the old fuel building, and even if it was it's been so many years since it shut if it did reopen, it could be as absolutely anything without there being any misunderstandings...

and I know too well the crowd that used to go there were pretty hardcore...I reckon there may be a possibility of a bit of trouble from the old Limit crowd rockin up at a predominently Gay bar.

??? I was the resident DJ there for 2 years (post Kevin) & the only thing I can think of is that you were on the dancefloor when there was a 'mosh-pit' going on. Otherwise it was the most multi-facited (if thats a word) venue going. Mick & Les did a rock night, but the indie crowd still went. On the indie nights people like Paul Young even played live!?!

I Even DJ'd Boy on a Dolphins 1st ever gig there on a student night :)

Any club even with the same name will never have the same vibe unfortunately, but don't judge it without giving it a try.:D

Bad news, it's a club going in across from fuel, and it is not gay.

Mr Johnson from the original Limit is opening it, I already have my invite!

Mine must be lost in the post this time. :/ Got one for the last attempt,hope this one takes off.When's the opening,as originally it was going to be August and then I've heard nothing since?

Archived