The new Limit Bar

meggy

What, with electric lighting and everything?

Yes, I could never work out why venue hosts assumed that mods and rockers where a bunch of scruffs that wanted everything painted black, falling to bits furniture, and toilets with no sanitation facilities in them. I love both mod and rock music but dont wonder round dressed black with my leathers striaght out of the toilet pan lol.

its 'The Limit' in name only, absolutely under no circumstances could it be compared to the original, as everyone knows that would be impossible, young uns might like it as it's very modern and bright inside

(It get's darker later the more fuller it gets).Guess you expect everything the original gave us.That's what i want it to be for the new Con/demnation.Somewhere you can be who you want to be without trendys(chavs).My son came with us on opening night(the cold one)and the official night and you would be surprised how much he wanted to be there & be a part of it!Do you have a r n b media controlled kid?My condolences haha! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
its 'The Limit' in name only, absolutely under no circumstances could it be compared to the original, as everyone knows that would be impossible, young uns might like it as it's very modern and bright inside

6 of us went in last week, stayed for an hour cant see it lastin.. Will give it a try next week.:(

A bunch of us who used to love the old Limit gave it a whirl a couple of weekends ago. A few overproduced & mullet-fuelled '80s soft rock tracks and a dash of Cyndi Lauper sent us running to Corporation at high speed! I don't think anyone expected the place to be the same as it used to be, but I think we were labouring under the misapprehension that if they played old stuff it might be the sort of thing we used to enjoy way back when at the old place. Ah well, you live & you learn...

I'm not sure it was a good idea to try and bring back the Limit, while an excellent place in its time most of the clientele will now be early to mid 40's and hardly the type who go into Sheffield regularly. If the music played is the type mentioned above then the whole enterprise is a waste of time, no appeal to a younger market and not playing the edgy material that made the original so revered, a doomed venture I think. It would have maybe been better to have occasional "Limit" nights at other venues and attract interest that way.

I also doubt this place will last. Whenever I drive past at night it seems to be closed whilst other places are full. Maybe it does just need the 'word' spreading around but I doubt this will happen if they don't attract a young audience. Obviously I don't mean the 'chavs' but people who are into today's music of a similar style mixed in with the old ones. I was in a few weeks ago and some younger people walked in but unfortunately they were asked to leave as soon as they entered. I didn't see them up to no good, maybe they were, but by having young people in they are the ones who will allow it to become popular again. And if limit stick to playing the correct music they won't get the people they don't want coming along.

I'm not sure it was a good idea to try and bring back the Limit, while an excellent place in its time most of the clientele will now be early to mid 40's and hardly the type who go into Sheffield regularly. If the music played is the type mentioned above then the whole enterprise is a waste of time, no appeal to a younger market and not playing the edgy material that made the original so revered, a doomed venture I think. It would have maybe been better to have occasional "Limit" nights at other venues and attract interest that way.

Really?Think you'll find quite a few of us old Limit goer 40 somethings in town quite regular if you look in the right places like Casbah Nelson Sportsman West ST Live Bessemer etc!Thats without the "popsters" who like Babylon Reflex etc lol :suspect:

Archived