The new Limit Bar

meggy

Really?Think you'll find quite a few of us old Limit goer 40 somethings in town quite regular if you look in the right places like Casbah Nelson Sportsman West ST Live Bessemer etc!Thats without the "popsters" who like Babylon Reflex etc lol :suspect:

And thats where I will be all saturday :headbang:

Its a shame as its a brave attempt and has been done with good intentions but you have to play the correct music as suggested above, I would go in if a mix of modern "indie" mixed with old classics of the era were played.

Exactly, modern indie and classics would appeal to both young and old audience. (And the young audience would be more studenty/not chavvy as I'm sure they wouldn't dream of coming when they have all the other places on west street). Hopefully this mix of young and old would create the right buzz the places needs.

Its all About Casbah! Some awesome nights out there playing indie, pop and chart upstairs with a bit of rock and pop punk thrown in for good measure and then Rock, metal, punk and stuff played down stairs for when you really want to party. Love it so much and the new drink offers are pretty awesome. Well worth the trip!

Its all About Casbah! Some awesome nights out there playing indie, pop and chart upstairs with a bit of rock and pop punk thrown in for good measure and then Rock, metal, punk and stuff played down stairs for when you really want to party. Love it so much and the new drink offers are pretty awesome. Well worth the trip!

Hi HollyPop! If you think the Casbah is good you probably did'nt go 5 or 6 years ago. It's no where near the awesome club it used to be. In fact in those days it was the nearest Sheffield ever got to replicating the Origanal Limit. Unfortunatley, fantastic memories at BOTH clubs will never be repeated. I guess it's a sign of the times. Or me and my mates gettin old :(

Hi HollyPop! If you think the Casbah is good you probably did'nt go 5 or 6 years ago. It's no where near the awesome club it used to be. In fact in those days it was the nearest Sheffield ever got to replicating the Origanal Limit. Unfortunatley, fantastic memories at BOTH clubs will never be repeated. I guess it's a sign of the times. Or me and my mates gettin old :(

+1 to Casbah from 5 or 6 years ago, awesome, as was Limit, and to some extent Drop at City Hall - had some crackin nights in all of em.

Remember the sticky floor very well. we refered to stain left on anything which touched it as Limit black, it was the mark of a good night but the death of any clothing.

Yeh,I lost a pair of white sta-press to it when I was checking on a girl passed out in front of speaker at side of stage.Didn't get no thanks either,apparently she was just having a sleep! :rolleyes:

+1 to Casbah from 5 or 6 years ago, awesome, as was Limit, and to some extent Drop at City Hall - had some crackin nights in all of em.

I remember the bouncy dance floor at the City Hall, made a change from a sticky one! I used to love Drop when it was down there on a Friday :)

Archived