Cook books by Celebs.

Many Celeb Chefs ( French for cook ), appear on television and bring out cook books that we tend to buy and put on the book shelf for future reference in case for some reason we might have a party or invite friends round for a meal. Whilst I buy a book once in a while, all I need is a bacon buttie.

The only cook book I use is 30 min meals by Nigel Slater, the meals are great although he does have a funny eating face, be honest, who wants to try and impress people when you are hungry.

Probably the chief is the chef in the kitchen then.:huh:

'Chef' as a title is short for 'chef de cuisine,' which means man in overall charge of a restaurant kitchen. There are assorted ranks of "under-chiefs" working for him. 'Sous chef' is the only one I can remember off hand, which literally does mean "under-chief."

It isn't strictly accurate to call a one-man operation "chef" since he's not in charge of anybody. It is absolutely inaccurate to refer to a cook as "chef" if he's not in a restaurant kitchen or equivalent. That's equivalent to using "office manager" to describe a man who posts his own envelopes from home.

Archived