Holiday Entitlement -what is yours?

Albet

Many Americans never holiday outside of America. (References to Afghanistan, Vietnam and Iraq will not be considered amusing):roll:

If you live in the USA what reason is there ever any reason to travel out side it?

Every kind of scenery is there, all the natural resources we have are there, they are totally self sufficient.

If USA and Canada withdrew into themselves, they would survive at a fantastic level of living, while all the rest goes to Hell.

could be worse, in America they get no holidays for their first year, and after that, they get 10 days plus holidays!!

Most people get 20 + 8, you were just lucky to get 25 days

Thats not true.

Most people get 5 days paid vacation, which is usually tied into their sick leave as well. Though, employers have no issue with staff taking unpaid leave.

All National holidays are paid (New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day) and most people get a floating day to be used for Martin Luther Kings Day, one of the high Jewish holidays, Easter, etc.

Americans are shocked when they learn we have between 4 and 5 weeks holiday, as they only get 3 weeks paid holidays.

I never had more than 5 days + national working there.

Majority of people earn 3 weeks after 5+ years of being employed.

Higher paid workers tend to get more time, but arent expected to actually use it

My Dad works for the state and gets 30 days + federal and national (which works out to almost 2 months) and he gets to roll the unused time over. I think hes saving for retirement so he can leave a year early... Though hes in the minority of this amount of time banked

Most employers in the US dont like it when their staff take off more than a day at a time, so a lot of people only go away once every few years.

Where I work we only have one Stat - Xmas day - but there are other benefits such as very good hol entitlement and short hours in summer for same monthly pay as winter hours:hihi::hihi:

I think that stats and weekends will gradually disappear, as we become more of a 24/7 society.

I would rather work weekends these days, and have time off midweek.

It is less crowded and you can get about better.

Young people like the weekends for obvious reasons, it is not hard to rearrange rotas, it is only senior management intransigence that delays these things.

If you live in the USA what reason is there ever any reason to travel out side it?

Every kind of scenery is there, all the natural resources we have are there, they are totally self sufficient.

If USA and Canada withdrew into themselves, they would survive at a fantastic level of living, while all the rest goes to Hell.

Is this another argument for the intelligence of pigs up there with man?:D

no, on balance it would probably be the reverse

Both you, and skinz are correct.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I have always said that America is wasted on the Americans.

In Britain, we combine art and engineering, as we know from our feats of the Victorian era.

If built to Victorian standards the Twin Towers would not have fallen.

The USA has non of this.

The Edison ideal obtains over there.

Cheap and shoddy.

Unfortunatly this is the ideal over here now.

Archived