Holiday Entitlement -what is yours?

Albet

i dont work at the moment so i get 365 days a year paid, pardon for my pun, where i used to work we got 25 days plus 8 which i think is normal, but one year after xmas hols the boss came and put a list up of that years entitlement, we were flabergasted, we were a european company, the workers in our foreign factories got 3 more days than us, it was because of there bank holidays, we told the boss it wasnt fair! he said he would check it out. he came back and made a feeble excuse that they got three extra days but had to work saturday mornings to make there hours up, what an excuse, when we asked if we could work 3 saturday mornings so we could have 3 extra days holidays, i think you know what he said, we get ripped off, a boss will only give you the minimum they have to, everyone is a slave!!!! a company only only thinks about itself, they always have and always will do, when you put that bit extra in for "the company" you very rarely get recognised for it, its not worth the bother.

I used to be on 25 days plus however many statutorys there are. I've now transfered onto the firms terms and conditions, which means only 24 days BUT I'm now on flexitime, which means if I put the time in (no great problem), I effectively get an extra 11 days leave (1 day or two half days per month). Which is useful for doctor/dentist/hospital appointments or just time off if I fancy it.

They are trying to drag us back 40 years by this silly pretence that we are in a recession.

The standard holiday is 27 to 33 days, plus stats depending on service.

The PFI firms are setting new people on, on 22 days.

This is a disgrace.

We should be going forward, not backwards.

Wake up the lot of you.

This is 2011, not 1911.

Are you sure this is not including stats? Have you got any proof? . I simply dont believe it. I only just have 26 days plus stats now after 6 years continuous service with a contract giving me an extra day for every year.

I have worked in various sectors for near 18 years and nearly every firm or service always had a starting holidays of 20 - 22 days plus statutory.

Are you sure this is not including stats? Have you got any proof? . I simply dont believe it. I only just have 26 days plus stats now after 6 years continuous service with a contract giving me an extra day for every year.

I have worked in various sectors for near 18 years and nearly every firm or service always had a starting holidays of 20 - 22 days plus statutory.

After 10 years, 33 days plus bank holidays, (starting at 27 days), plus 13 days accrued time.

negotiated by a strong workforce, good bosses, and a good union.

This is what we all should be fighting for, not crying we have too much, it is you who have too little.

Get organised, and dont listen to these lies about the world financial situation.

There is as much money about now, as there ever was

I have worked in industry for many years. I have always worked full time and always had 25days + 8 stats ...or more, annual holidays. I have now been offered a new position however where the entitlement is only 20 days plus 8 stats.

Do some people really have so few holidays?

It's completely industry and level dependant.

When I wasn't self employed I got 25+8 rising after service, I was on 27+8 when I left my 1st job and went back to 25+8 in my second.

I try to keep myself to a similar amount now I'm self employed.

My other half has always had 25+8 as well. But we're both professionals and would probably turn down any job with a less generous allocation.

Most of my friends have similar amounts, although one just took a job with an engineering company in Scotland and went from university holidays (32+8) to 20+8, I don't think he intends to stay there long term though.

Archived