Holiday Entitlement -what is yours?

Albet

I have worked in industry for many years. I have always worked full time and always had 25days + 8 stats ...or more, annual holidays. I have now been offered a new position however where the entitlement is only 20 days plus 8 stats.

Do some people really have so few holidays?

The vast majority.

My current position is the only one I've ever had that has more than 20 days, but only after two years in the job.

My last job I got 27 days. Just found out today that I only get 20 days in this one. I got more than that when I..... In every job I have had in the last 20 years!

As if it was not depressing enough!

The feeling that you are going backwards is horrible.:gag::gag:

It is soul destroying.

Employers are cheating people out of holidays because of the pretend recession.

The feeling that you are going backwards is horrible.:gag::gag:

It is soul destroying.

Employers are cheating people out of holidays because of the pretend recession.

Spot on, Albet.

We have international Capitalism, how can there possibly be a recession.

They have no competition.

It is just one big con.

They have tried everything.

USSR

Al Queda

Taleban

Riots

Recession

The latest now is war with China.

They think we were born yesterday.

You should get something. When my partner worked for an American company he still got 25 + 8 days of holiday. Granted we were in Ireland at the time, so also confined to EU working rules, but he still signed a US employment contract.

Unless youre a contractor. American companies generally heavily compensate with pay, so when you take unpaid time off, it should work out the same as if you were a permanent employee with the same amount of vacation time, though on slightly less money. If that makes sense.

No, I'm not a contractor, I'm a full time employee

And I have absolutely no entitlement to annual leave or public holidays in my contract. The contract even says that any disputes shall be under the laws of the state of Texas and that if I want to take them to court for any reason I have to pay for their lawyer!

In practice it works out OK as if I ask for three weeks off for a certain period so that I can book a holiday I get it.

"This employment agreement will be governed by the laws of Texas, USA. It is understood and agreed that you will not seek to enforce any employment or benefits rights under the laws of the countries where you are working. You furthermore understand that if you do seek to enforce any employment or benefits rights under the laws of those countries, that you will be breaching the employment agreement contained in this letter. You will consequently be held accountable, under the laws of the state of Texas, USA, for breach of contract and you will be held responsible for all attorneys' fees, costs and/or damages incurred by the Company as a result of this breach."

Archived