Your Worst Culinary Disaster..

A couple. Once when I put some salt in a curry, only it was sea salt and incredibly strong. I spent ages trying to add things that might disguise the flavour but to no avail.

Another time I was making myself some hot milk and wondered if a bit of jam would help. Everything split and I was left with a disgusting pan full of slop.

Oh, yams. Yams are a culinary disaster in their own right.

Here's a handy tip RE over salting a dish if it is a curry or a soup with liquid make a dough ball pop it in the dough ball will absorb the salt.

my ex is a squaddie, only got to see him at weekends. i had made dinner, it was on the hob just finishing off

when he arrived one thing led to another as they do and i only remembered dinner when the smoke detector went off, dinner was inedible

oh and a batch of rock cakes that i completly forgot to add the sugar to

I once nearly sent a pregnant woman into labour when I worked in the family cafe many moons ago... Poached egg cooked in the microwave exploded in her face. She asked for her money back as well even though she ate it all. Cheek!

LOL egg on her face.

I bought some *meat* from the butchers not realizing wot it was,when i took it out of the oven it became apparent its was half a pigs face bleeeeeeeeeeeugh im really squeamish with handling meat so closed my eyes when i unwrapped it an put in the oven OMG i swear it was half smiling never ever did i make that mistake again,it wasnt anywhere near edible :(

Archived