Your Worst Culinary Disaster..

Got a new oven some years ago that had a timer on. Did a casserole before going to work, put in oven and set the timer. Got home, and discovered that I'd set it to go off before it came on.........

I bought some *meat* from the butchers not realizing wot it was,when i took it out of the oven it became apparent its was half a pigs face bleeeeeeeeeeeugh im really squeamish with handling meat so closed my eyes when i unwrapped it an put in the oven OMG i swear it was half smiling never ever did i make that mistake again,it wasnt anywhere near edible :(

Sounds sinister I see the saw theme tune playing.

the first time I ever did boiled rice I dutifully read the packet and followed the instructions to the letter

- empty contents into a pan cover with two and a half times as much water add salt and boil for 20 minutes, rinse and serve

except it was a 2lb pack of rice

I was thinking well this is for four people so that'll be enough to go round and perhaps try a stir fried rice the following day if there's a bit left over

I ran out of pans :blush:

the first time I ever did boiled rice I dutifully read the packet and followed the instructions to the letter

- empty contents into a pan cover with two and a half times as much water add salt and boil for 20 minutes, rinse and serve

except it was a 2lb pack of rice

I was thinking well this is for four people so that'll be enough to go round and perhaps try a stir fried rice the following day if there's a bit left over

I ran out of pans :blush:

Bwahahahaaaa!!! My mother did this with popcorn. Cooking isn't her strong suit, and this was before the microwave stuff. She poured an entire bag of popcorn kernels into the pot. If you've ever made popcorn from 'scratch', you know you put the kernels one layer deep. It kept popping and popping and popping and popping...

I was making mashed potatoes one night, my kids were small, and I got distracted. I guess I mashed them too much, they came out just like Elmer's Glue.

Let my friend make the gravy once, he decided to heat it up in the microwave, but he was so drunk he forgot to turn the microwave on and kept adding more gravy to thicken it, before finally heating it up. The resulting sludge ruined the entire meal.

Let my friend make the gravy once, he decided to heat it up in the microwave, but he was so drunk he forgot to turn the microwave on and kept adding more gravy to thicken it, before finally heating it up. The resulting sludge ruined the entire meal.

I was once a little bit the worse for wear and called to the chippy. By the time I got home they were a bit cold so I put them in the microwave paper and all, nearly ruined microwave and burned the kitchen down...:suspect::huh:

I was once a little bit the worse for wear and called to the chippy. By the time I got home they were a bit cold so I put them in the microwave paper and all, nearly ruined microwave and burned the kitchen down...:suspect::huh:

Just reminded me about my friend's microwave, it has a grill in it too.

I checked the plastic was microwaveable, and whacked it in. Couple of minutes later and a lot of smoke was being emitted... The plastic wasn't suitable for a grill :hihi:

Archived