Your Worst Culinary Disaster..

Trying to impress a new boyfriend, i made a lemon merangue pie - one of those kits out of a packet. It didn't set, so we ended up having to drink it.

He must have been impressed though, we have been married over 30 years!

One Christmas Dinner, 6 of us sat round the table, and realised I had completely forgot the potatoes! - I had been drinking sherry though whilst cooking, so had some excuse.

I can't make Yorkshire Puddings, every time I have tried, they have turned out like biscuits - so I don't bother now!

One drunken night me and the mates had a competition,we got a pint pop and half filled it with baked beans and topped it up with Guiness to see who could drink the most,it tasted not bad I manged to get half a pint down but it was the lumps that went down my throat that put me off at bit, I dint win the competition but I could fart to old lang-sine the next day though.

While in my more skint years my housemates and I decided to make a massive stew to save cash and eat well. My housemate asked me if we should stick some chili in to "pep" it up a bit and I said that'd be a good idea. He ended up putting in a handful of uber-hot chilis so we had vindaloo strength stew for four days. We had folk coming round just to try the challenge of eating it.

my mum made parkin once when I was small, she took it out of the oven and thought it didn't look cooked so she put it back for an hour, she did this four times, we couldn't cut it with a hacksaw when she finally decided it was done

Archived