Your Worst Culinary Disaster..

Last night We attended a dinner party at a newly wed friends house all was going well until the dessert it was meant to be a meringue it was rock solid and salty. It was supposed to be lemon and sweet mango meringue.

ewwww bummer I love meringue to :(, my nan once invited us for tea and made meat and potato pie.

We loved her pie's but this time it tasted odd, like really sweet.

She had only got wrong pastry she normally just used the usual puff pastry but she had bought sweet pastry by accident.

Not a nice combination and definitely not some thing I would cook. lol:gag:

Last night We attended a dinner party at a newly wed friends house all was going well until the dessert it was meant to be a meringue it was rock solid and salty. It was supposed to be lemon and sweet mango meringue.

My ex once cooked a cheese cake and forgot to put the sugar in. Funnily enough it didn't taste that bad..

My sister, whilst entertaining ours and her partner's parents for Christmas dinner, decided the gravy was a bit lumpy. Her remedy was to strain it. Unfortunately she forgot to use anything to catch the gravy with, so ended up with the lumps in a sieve and the gravy down the sink.

I made a smoked mackerel salad for me and O/H in the summer. She said there was something odd about the mackerel. I said it was fine ... it was fresh and told her to eat it and stop moaning. She ate a bit more but after complaining of feeling nauseous I told her to leave it. By this time, I was beginning to worry over the mackerel myself ... it was very chewy and not particularly smokey (at all), but ate it anyway.

At this point, G/F went into the kitchen and checked the packaging the fish came in. I honestly thought I'd bought smoked mackerel ... it turned out to be fresh raw mackerel ! :gag::o

Oh, how we laughed ... NOT!

Archived