Holidaying in Israel

I have been thinking about traveling and potential destinations. I came up with Israel, but other than the political stuff and Jerusalem, I know very little about the place.

I was wondering whether anyone on here had experienced Israel first hand? If so, I would love to hear from you.

Yes. What are you into? Whats your budget? How long you thinking of going for?

It's all up in the air at the mo. I am thinking of getting a flight out to Egypt (Sharm) and then heading up through Jordan and then into Israel. I will be budgeting and staying at hostels etc. I plan to be in Israel for about a week.

Just looking for inspiration right now. Advice on places to see etc etc.

It's all up in the air at the mo. I am thinking of getting a flight out to Egypt (Sharm) and then heading up through Jordan and then into Israel. I will be budgeting and staying at hostels etc. I plan to be in Israel for about a week.

Just looking for inspiration right now. Advice on places to see etc etc.

From Sharm, go stay in Dahab for a few nights, great diving and caters more to the tighter budget. You can literally stay with anyone for a couple of quid, brush up on your backgammon and stay with some bedouins. Really cool place, lots of travellers. Not sure how to get into Jordan via Egypt, theres possibly a ferry, not sure. Or you go via Eilat in Israel, which is a great beach resort, not what i'd call real Israel tho.

Tel Aviv is the big city, one of the best beach and nitelife destinations on the planet, and good to explore by bike, you can hire them everywhere. Not where you'll see the sights tho, except maybe Indepedance Hall if you're interested.

The dead sea is a must which you could do via Jordan on the way into Israel (you could check out Jericho round the same time) As for Jerusalem and the historical/religious sights, theres so many you need to decide for yourself.

And if you decide to use BGI Airport, be prepared for their world famous security!

I've heard that scuba diving in the Red Sea is great.

You can go for a flot in the Dead Sea,

Check out the religious places if you have any interest in doing that.

The beaches are said to be wonderful (but I think they are pay-per-use around Tel Aviv.) The ones in Galilee are great.

You could volunteer at a Kibutz and learn how to make such things as self composting toilets :hihi:

There are a lot of things to do and see.

Archived