Holidaying in Israel

6 months sounds ok... might even cross the borders into Jordand and/or Egypt.

I don't know much about Israel but I have a friend who's been in egypt for the last 4 weeks and it sounds like a good time to vist,the cairo museum was practically empty when she was there about 3 weeks ago, most of the exhibits covered in dust and no lights working though:)....same with most of the archeology sites she's been too as well,hardly any tourists.

apart from the ocasional package tour of fat sunburned russians up from the resorts for the day.,It seems like good time to avoid the crowds.

I understand they'll stamp your passport on a removable page so you don't have problems in other countries.

They're not all that popular in a lot of places.

Namely Arab countries no doubt, and who in their right minds would want to ge to an Arab country at this moment in time

Book yourself a Holy Land cruise with Costa or Thomsons,we've done both this year and taken advantage of all the trips.

I would highly recommend both,friendly people,knowledgeable guides and plenty of armed protection to accompany you at all times who are extremely discreet but equally as reassuring.

It's bloomin' hot in summer, mind- much more tolerable in late Autumn and early Spring.
Yes, I found Eilat in the summer very uncomfortable, I was scuttling from one air-conditioned building to another, often by air-conditioned taxi :).

Archived