Pushbikes on pavements

hi his there other people out there thats fed up with bike rider using the pavements instead of the roads.i have to dodge them going to work at 5-30am in the morning they have no lights dark clothes and they are a bloody nuisance does anyone agree with me.also is it against the law if so why does the police turn a blind eye to it

You lot need to get out more. I very rarely see bikes on the paths in Sheffield and when I do they are usually slow and looking to avoid people.

Stand on Arundal gate for 20 minutes at 5:30pm while waiting for a 52 bus, and you will see them. Why don't they realise pavements are for pedestrians?

they will in feb next year this **** eyed goverment want to bring in a bill to every one that owns a cycle must have it taxed and tested...as the petrol/diesel prices roar more and more are turning to cycling this goverment want to cash in on to it

Any evidence of this?

they will in feb next year this **** eyed goverment want to bring in a bill to every one that owns a cycle must have it taxed and tested...as the petrol/diesel prices roar more and more are turning to cycling this goverment want to cash in on to it

Can you tell me where I can read more about this please? Can only find "tax-free bike for employees" type incentive schemes.

Can you tell me where I can read more about this please? Can only find "tax-free bike for employees" type incentive schemes.

I think he's talking rubbish.

On the OP, pavement cyclists are a pain. You see them on the pavements when the road alongside isn't even busy or dangerous. Sometimes pedestrians even apologise for getting in the way of one. I've never heard of one being prosecuted.

Stand on Arundal gate for 20 minutes at 5:30pm while waiting for a 52 bus, and you will them. Why don't they realise pavements are for pedestrians?

Wow Sarkysod, have you become a Jedi that can use the force on cyclists.:hihi:

On a serious note though, I don't mind seeing the odd cyclist using the footpath it is often the sensible thing to do for those of us who put self preservation above the rule of law. Most cyclist I see doing this are doing it in a safe way looking out to avoid pedestrians, although as with everything there is always the idiot who is prepared to risk accidents and push their luck.

Archived