Pushbikes on pavements

they will in feb next year this **** eyed goverment want to bring in a bill to every one that owns a cycle must have it taxed and tested.

About time too. cyclists have got away with free loading for too long. Motorists have to pay through the nose to use the roads. Tax ,test ,insurance cost a fortune ,so why should cyclists get away with paying nothing.

Wow Sarkysod, have you become a Jedi that can use the force on cyclists.:hihi:

On a serious note though, I don't mind seeing the odd cyclist using the footpath it is often the sensible thing to do for those of us who put self preservation above the rule of law. Most cyclist I see doing this are doing it in a safe way looking out to avoid pedestrians, although as with everything there is always the idiot who is prepared to risk accidents and push their luck.

Not the 2 idiots who came flying past me on Donetsk way this morning,scared the brown stuff out of me.They were old enough to know better,man & wife I think.

I heard on the news this morning that accidents re Push bikes have gone up so much they are suggesting 3rd party insurance be taken out by cyclists, about time.

I saw that. It was the Association of British Insurers suggesting it. You don't think they might have had an ulterior motive do you?

About time too. cyclists have got away with free loading for too long. Motorists have to pay through the nose to use the roads. Tax ,test ,insurance cost a fortune ,so why should cyclists get away with paying nothing.

Go and look at your council tax bill. See the bit that says "highway maintenance"...

hi his there other people out there thats fed up with bike rider using the pavements instead of the roads.i have to dodge them going to work at 5-30am in the morning they have no lights dark clothes and they are a bloody nuisance does anyone agree with me.also is it against the law if so why does the police turn a blind eye to it

Its because the cyclists have no lights dark clothes and they are a bloody nuisance,hence the police cant see them.You dodge them so they must be visible.You need a job which starts before the cyclists start cycling.

Because we don't have to, so we're not "getting away" with anything

There are numerous sensible arguments to your position but I am tired of repeating them to the uneducated so instead I shall just thumb my nose and say

Deal with it

Archived