Pushbikes on pavements

I jump off my bike and push it on pavements, but I see loads of other cyclists riding on the path. I see quite a few teenage lads in Hillsborough riding on the path, dodging around people, they're probably old enough to be riding on the road.

I once nearly got knocked over by a drunk guy on a bike riding on the pavement on Eccelsall Road on a Saturday night, he was holding a can of Stella in one hand and fell into a tree, I had to jump out of the way to avoid him falling on me too.

Because we don't have to, so we're not "getting away" with anything

There are numerous sensible arguments to your position but I am tired of repeating them to the uneducated so instead I shall just thumb my nose and say

Deal with it

Well , hopefully cyclists free loading will soon be a thing of the past ,so you my friend ,and all the other cyclists will start having to pay for the privalidge ,the same as us motorists do. Enjoy the free ride while it lasts my friend.

Well , hopefully cyclists free loading will soon be a thing of the past ,so you my friend ,and all the other cyclists will start having to pay for the privalidge ,the same as us motorists do. Enjoy the free ride while it lasts my friend.
Using the highway is a right, as in right of way, whereas using a motorised vehicle on it is a priviledge, for which you need to pass a test. Enjoy your ignorance for the rest of your life as I'm sure you'll continue with the same incorrect view ;)

Wow, which roads do you use that require a fee to use them? You don't pay to use roads, you pay for using a car, and if you chose your car appropriately you won't pay a penny.

Here are the definitions for the tax savvy road user, if only council tax was as easy to avoid!

How many pedestrians have been killed by cyclists???

Can we put this into perspective. You can't compare the nuisance factor of the odd cyclist with the dangers faced by cyclists on the roads at the hands of reckless car drivers.

I to occasionally cycle on pavements, when it is unsafe to cycle on stretches of roads due to dangerous car drivers who have little regard for the safety of cyclists, or when there are no cycle lanes.

I drive a car and I cycle whenever possible. The hostility and aggression against cyclists is unbelievable. It seems there are some car drivers hell bent on chasing cyclists off the roads.

Archived