Pushbikes on pavements

I do apologise for asking but does this highway code rule also apply to those who use disabled carts? as far as i know as long as a cart cannot go over 4mile per hour they are entitled to use the pavement as well as for going round shops,over 4 mile per hour up to 8mile they have to use the road,the motorist would in some cases as for carts and bikes have to be at a crawling pace behind them which would slow the traffic down to a virtual stop,most bike/cart riders are responsible people and yes they use the pavement in a lot of cases so they don't delay traffic especially at rush our times putting theirselves in danger as well as watching out for pedestrians and motorists,some make take a different view but everyone including the pedestrian should follow the highway code as and when it is safe for everyone concerned and safety first should be implemented,in every rule they may be a exception where it would put someone in danger to follow it so a responsible person has to make a split safe decision of their own taking the full consequenses of their actions.Sorry if this has offended anyone but i am only pointing the pro's and con's out.please be caring and considerate whatever means of transport you use.

buy a bmx.........................

Dont get me wrong , i love cyclists. there is no better feeling than seeing a cyclist being soaked by a car passing a large puddle. Ive managed to catch the odd "Victim" during my years driving ,but its all about timing.

you need a combination of factors to work in your favour all at the same time to produce a soaked cyclist.

1/ an unsuspecting cyclist riding on the pavement

2/a very large puddle

3/ both of the above to be side by side at the same time.

If those things all fall into place you have the perfect recipe for a soaked cyclist. :thumbsup:............:hihi::hihi:

Dont get me wrong , i love cyclists. there is no better feeling than seeing a cyclist being soaked by a car passing a large puddle. Ive managed to catch the odd "Victim" during my years driving ,but its all about timing.

you need a combination of factors to work in your favour all at the same time to produce a soaked cyclist.

2/a very large puddle

If those things all fall into place you have the perfect recipe for a soaked cyclist. :thumbsup:............:hihi::hihi:

You forgot you need to not be stuck in a big traffic jam at the time. ;)

2/a very large puddle

Happy to admit to driving without due care and attention, then?

I do apologise for asking but does this highway code rule also apply to those who use disabled carts? as far as i know as long as a cart cannot go over 4mile per hour they are entitled to use the pavement as well as for going round shops,over 4 mile per hour up to 8mile they have to use the road,the motorist would in some cases as for carts and bikes have to be at a crawling pace behind them which would slow the traffic down to a virtual stop,most bike/cart riders are responsible people and yes they use the pavement in a lot of cases so they don't delay traffic especially at rush our times putting theirselves in danger as well as watching out for pedestrians and motorists,some make take a different view but everyone including the pedestrian should follow the highway code as and when it is safe for everyone concerned and safety first should be implemented,in every rule they may be a exception where it would put someone in danger to follow it so a responsible person has to make a split safe decision of their own taking the full consequenses of their actions.Sorry if this has offended anyone but i am only pointing the pro's and con's out.please be caring and considerate whatever means of transport you use.

I'm sure they're great if you really are disabled, but I nearly was made disabled by one reversing into me on the tram, and frequently have to drag unaware children out of their path in shops, on paths, in the park etc. Their drivers should have to pass a test.

Archived