Do you miss Woolworths?

I always miss 'Woolworths' this time of year, does anyone else?

I miss the Woolworths of old when they had rows of display counters with dozens of sales assistants behind them.

For the last twenty odd years of their existence they were dire. I went in a smallish one in Penzance four or five years ago and came out feeling depressed. Half an hour later a bloke cut his own throat in there and died. What a place to end it all.

I went in a smallish one in Penzance four or five years ago and came out feeling depressed. Half an hour later a bloke cut his own throat in there and died. What a place to end it all.

Anyway...as we were saying. Who misses Woolies. :hihi:

Upstairs at Asda sells exactly the same stuff that you would have found in Woolworths

Toys, Clothes, Books, CDs, DVDs, Computer Games, Tellys, Kettles, Toasters, Party stuff, Pans, Plates, Rubbish Bins, bikes, Towels, Bedding etc

The only thing missing is the pick n mix.

pick n mix, mmmmmm how many of us helped ourselves to a sweetie or two, cause i did,!!!!, buy a bag full , eat some on the way round then pay for the ones you got left, lol, ;)

i just remembered the scene in full monty with the pick n mix bit :hihi: loved it :D

Archived