Taking something back to GAME?

Bought a brand new game a couple of weeks ago and I've changed my mind about it. Basically decided I want to take it back, but looking at the receipt it says that to return things they have to be in the original packaging (basically unopened).

What a stupid return policy. It basically means that you can't have played something to return it. The only alternative is to trade it in, but I'd rather get my money back.

Sell it either on here or eBay for whatever price you paid for it.

I know from experience that Game are quite particular about their returns policy, and are tightwads for trade ins, hence the eBay suggestion.

Its not stupid, the law only gives you rights to return it if it is proven to be faulty. For obvious reasons software is not returnable if its been opened or the seals have been broken.

Re-selling it as second hand seems to be your only option.

Bought a brand new game a couple of weeks ago and I've changed my mind about it. Basically decided I want to take it back, but looking at the receipt it says that to return things they have to be in the original packaging (basically unopened).

What a stupid return policy. It basically means that you can't have played something to return it. The only alternative is to trade it in, but I'd rather get my money back.

That is not a stupid return policy, its law and fair. If you have been playing the game for a few weeks I guess you have probably completed it so therefore you have got the most out of the game! If they allowed you to return it and get a full refund the company would then be losing money as they could not re-sell the game as new!!!

If everyone who played games bought one-played it for a few weeks and then decided they had 'changed their mind' then there would be many companies that wouldnt survive.

Archived