Cutlers Spice Gleadless Townend

holymoses

We had the great pleasure of going to the Cutlers Spice last night, the newly opened restaurant looks really bright and modern.

We had an excellent welcome from the owner Allam, he was beaming like a new Dad proud of the hard work that has been put in to refurbishing the building and quite rightly so.

Mrs Moses used to work at the Cutlers so I've spent many an hour propping up the bar, so I can say without any doubt the place is totally unrecognisable from the public house it used to be.

The staff made us really welcome and looked after us superbly, as the dishes were served the presentation of each dish was excellent, the food was piping hot and absolutely mouth watering.

The Chef came over to say hello, we recognised Noim from many years ago at the New India Garden, so we knew the food would be top notch and we weren’t disappointed. It was delicious, Mrs Moses opted for a vegetable dopiaza, I chose the Chicken Tikka Marsala Sag and our friends had the Chicken karahi and another Tikka Marsala, each one had an explosion of taste and superbly prepared.

With the extras of Garlic Nan and special rice, the meal was fabulous and real Saturday night treat, with an open plan layout the restaurant has a modern family feel, but has a designer twist with secluded booths for those romantic nights with the Mrs or a family get together.

The whole evening was a great success, even the bill was very reasonable. We can definitely recommend the restaurant, and I think we have found our new Friday night curry house.

Well done to Allam and his Mum and Dad, we’ll be back next week.

[]

Sounds nice in there! Some mates of mine went in last week and said how lovely it is!

[]Are they still getting the two marble elephants outside? Give them a week before someone's knicked them!

Went a couple of weeks ago.

The food was good but i was most impressed by the standard of service.The waiter mentioned to us that they had got plans to expand the place already and they had got 2 elephants on order.That ,i've got to see at Gleadless.

You guys are putting me off from buying them? Haha they will look lovely outside my entrance and I'm building a wall all the way round to protect them and I hope you guys and girls will keep an eye on them too :) thanks for a brilliant review Holymoses it's with the help of customers as yourself we will build Sheffields best Bangladeshi restaurant :) thanks for doing your bit and il see you soon

I shall have to give it a try, i'm very glad someone has turned the Cutlers building around, it truly was a dump when I lived near there a couple of years back.

I hope they don't take to dumping lots of rubbish in the wooded area to the rear, like the previous occupants! :)

• 2 months later...

We went to Cutlers' Spice on Valentines day and it was gorgeous. My parents went the week bfore and recommended it to us and we were suitably impressed. The service was second to none, the food delicious, the atmosphere perfect and the bill was a great surprise. We will definitely be going again.

Archived