27.11.11 - CosyWarm 4-0 Sheffield Forum

10-man Sheffield Forum crashed to defeat against the league leaders in Frechville. Changes were forced on the team as Liam Wales, Matthew Corker and Andy Coates were unavailable, Joe Neate was still out whilst Nathan Jenkins and Shaun Baugh both had injuries. Jenkins started with Baugh taking a place on the bench. New signings Kyle Dowling and Adam Smith were handed debuts.

On a bright and windy morning, Sheffield Forum were soundly beaten by leaders CosyWarm. Play was even early on with chances both ends although not clear cut. CosyWarm did take the lead though through a keeper error after the ball was left by the defender. The ball ran to CosyWarm forward who slotted into an empty net.

CosyWarm netted a second later in the first half, free kick on the edge of the area curled around the wall. Forum still had plenty of attacking play without the shooting opportunities.

HT: CosyWarm 2-0 Sheffield Forum

The second half saw the game open up a little but the game was put beyond doubt midway through the 2nd half when the referee awarded a dubious penalty. As the corner came in, Matthews was judged to have pushed the CosyWarm forward, and depsite no appeal by the forward, the referee gave the spot kick. Twice it was converted after a retake was ordered for encroachment.

Jenkins was then sent off at quickly receiving 2 yellow cards in quick succession leaving Sheffield Forum a mountain to climb. They still pushed forward but were always hit on the break and a fourth was duly added with a great shot from outside the area. Tempers flared several times in this game with numerous yellow cards awarded, Forums were only to Jenkins and Lynch. Early in the game, CosyWarm defender was lucky to be on the pitch after swinging an arm at Dowling.

Sheffield Forum face Jack In A Box next with changes due and the hopeful return of Joe Neate back to the team.

Forum and CosyWarm meet again at Herdings Park in 2 weeks time.

Hard lines lads.

I really don't know why this thread is hidden away in this section.

These days i get far more enjoyment reading your blog than i do in most of the Sheffield football section,what with the constant snipes and petty arguments.

Always remember lads these games turn into memories that last a lifetime.

Good on yer all:thumbsup:

Hard lines lads.

I really don't know why this thread is hidden away in this section.

These days i get far more enjoyment reading your blog than i do in most of the Sheffield football section,what with the constant snipes and petty arguments.

Always remember lads these games turn into memories that last a lifetime.

Good on yer all:thumbsup:

:hihi: Cheers!

Tough going today but still looking promising. Bit of a shame as our defence has generally been pretty good and the odd mistake costing us a game. Suppose today started that way :roll:

Aim is to make amends though in 2 weeks time :D

Archived