Blues Legends in Sheffield in the old days?

diane00058

One of the first bands I saw at the City Hall was John Mayall,still a fan

Saw John Mayall's blues breakers at preston guild hall when he was doing a tour to celebrate his 70th birthday.He was chatting away to his fans in the foyer prior to the gig.He was outstanding as was his guest guitarist Mick Taylor.

I once visited a football match in Sheffield ,the song that every one was singing was. I never felt more like singing the blues any one know the singer.

Guy Mitchell, then Tommy Steele

Interstingly, they both knocked each other off No 1

Guy, then Tommy, Then Guy again, in consecutive weeks

Only time this has ever happened.

Guy Mitchell, then Tommy Steele

Interstingly, they both knocked each other off No 1

Guy, then Tommy, Then Guy again, in consecutive weeks

Only time this has ever happened.

Then Terry Curran. Saw a smashed up copy in the channel in the gents toilets at Hillsborough after he signed for United.:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Blues Legends in Sheffield in the old days?

At the Leine Domicil music club on the Karmarschstrasse in Hannover I saw and listened to Champion Jack Dupree play on at least 4 occasions. This occurred in the 80’s and a friend and I were invited to visit him at his home which was in a tower block on the Hamburger Allee in the city centre of Hannover. We never did get around to visiting him, we were saddened when he died in the early 90’s. Am glad I still have some LP’s of him.

• 8 months later...
Saw John Mayall's blues breakers at preston guild hall when he was doing a tour to celebrate his 70th birthday.He was chatting away to his fans in the foyer prior to the gig.He was outstanding as was his guest guitarist Mick Taylor.

I first saw John Mayall at Stringfellow's King Mojo Club in the mid-60s when Eric Clapton was with him. Best memory.

• 3 years later...
Champion Jack once played at the White Lion at Heeley. He married a Yorkshire lass and lived in West Yorkshire in the seventies and eighties.

I saw John Lee Hooker and Sonny Boy Williamson at the Mojo in the sixties.

Can you remember the month, day or any other details about seeing Sonny Boy Williamson please?

Champion Jack once played at the White Lion at Heeley. He married a Yorkshire lass and lived in West Yorkshire in the seventies and eighties.

I saw John Lee Hooker and Sonny Boy Williamson at the Mojo in the sixties.

Yes Jim, I was there on the John Lee Hooker night (old those old Blues guys sat on 'bar stools' then) and I think John would have been in his late 40's in 1964 ish. My memory is his "Dimples" from his sunburst Gibson and I think the Spencer Davies Group (with Stevie Winwood) covered it around the same time. Thank you.