Whitbys at catcliffe

kathrynj

If you want to try a top quality local chippy DerbyTup try Dawsons at Worksop, a small old fashioned family run place, it is in a row of terraced houses and the one next door to the shop has been converted into a small cafe type room with around eight tables, there is waitress service and the fish and chips are as good as ive had anywhere.

Tried these for the first time today and quite impressed. The restaurant is lovely, so clean and spacious, there's a bar too. My husband had the haddock and chips, which was huge! I had the "small" cod and chips at £6.95 and he said he wished he'd had that as it would have been quite big enough. Staff were lovely, very efficient and friendly. Pot of tea and hot water enough for 4 cups was 95p. Mushy peas, tartare sauce, tomato ketchup all served in seperate little pots. Would have loved to have tried their desserts too, but no room!

Will definitley go again, the fish was firm and white, the batter melted in your mouth, the chips much better than average.

Should batter melt in your mouth i dunno? Crunch is king

Archived